What if...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemon Meringue

Rock n' Roll Doggie
U2 decides to reinvent themselves for the new album and it's a Pop/Hip Hop album instead of Rock. Would you buy it? Well, would you?

As long as they'll be "keepin it real".
;)

Seriously though, I'd like to hear Bono rap someday.

U2girl said:
[B
;)

Seriously though, I'd like to hear Bono rap someday. [/B]

See "Happiness is a warm gun" and "Pop Muzik (Popmart mix)". Disgraceful.

well, it would depend a bit on the single that will be released before the album hits the stores

if the single would be utter crap: wouldn't buy the album
if the single was mediocre or better: would buy the album

I still hope the next album will be only acoustic guitars, flutes and tambourine though

unfortunately I've become such a loyal fan I think I'd buy anything. However, U2 I believe in my heart and mind is one of the greatest and most talented bands ever, so:blahblah: They in my opinion could not put anything out that would not be worth buying. Is that a double negative, and how do I fix that...:huh:

I wouldnt mind a Reggae influnced song. I think they came close to it while covering Johnny Cash's "Dont take your guns to town". I think it would be a good variation. But I am not sure about the full rap/ hip hop kind of album as I dont usually prefer this genre of music. But then anything by U2 goes for me.

Hate the genre ... but it's U2! I wouldn't be able to stop myself.

I'd buy it...I'm surprised at how much I like some of the remixes, even though I usually can't stand techno music. I probably wouldn't love a rap/hip hop album, but I'd listen to it for something diiferent.

Axver said:
Hate the genre ... but it's U2! I wouldn't be able to stop myself.

Ditto. I doubt that they would produce an album that was purely rap/hiphop ... everyone complains about Pop, when they reinvented themselves, but there's some great, classic U2 songs on that - Staring at the Sun, and Please, for example. So I'd be willing to give anything that U2 tries a chance. Besides, I always appreciate the lyrics, even if they're put to pretty poor music (eg MOFO) so that's one reason I'd want to listen.

Back
Top Bottom