What if...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
there was no time...

nothing wrong, nothing right...

:drool:

no... really... what happens if the new album (whatever the release date) doesn't have MERCY?

:crack:

This really is something not to worry about at the moment but I have to confess I have the same fear. The band has a tendency to keep great songs off thier albums. This song is a potential classic if they finish it off the right way. I would hate for this song to be the next in the long line of stellar b-sides that alot of people don't know with Love Comes Tumbling, Luminous Times and so on.

get over it ! - it wouldnt be a new albumn then! mercy is a great song - but it aint new anymore - leave the new albumn to 12 new tracks..

bazza said:
get over it ! - it wouldnt be a new albumn then! mercy is a great song - but it aint new anymore - leave the new albumn to 12 new tracks..

about half of the Bomb tracks had been around for ages and ages and ages.

and I never wanted anything from you, but now I can't have you, it's funny how it switches like that.

But now the forbidden fruit must be tasted.

mugatuzs1.jpg

I would buy a pair of nail clippers for the sole purpose of using it to kill all 4 members of U2, the producer, engineers, people who prepared food while they were in the studio etc + Paul McG

or not because I don't care

Salome said:
I would buy a pair of nail clippers for the sole purpose of using it to kill all 4 members of U2, the producer, engineers, people who prepared food while they were in the studio etc + Paul McG

:coocoo:

Re: Re: What if...

PlaTheGreat said:

It would be the best U2 album EVER!

PlaTheGreat said:

PlaTheGreat said:

PlaTheGreat said:

PlaTheGreat said:

PlaTheGreat said:

PlaTheGreat said:

PlaTheGreat said:

PlaTheGreat said:

I honestly don't see what the big fuss is about this one song. I mean, it's a good song but I wouldn't say it's their best. I can think of other songs that are ten times better then this one. Just my opinion.... :eyebrow:

It's good but we've already heard it, so what's the point of hearing the same song instead of a new song? :eyebrow:

I'd survive. I still think it should be used for nothing more than a Best Of 2000-2010 album as a treat for us crazy fans.

I've been hearing about Mercy for two years now, but still haven't heard it! Anywhere know where I can find it?

i was rippin the stitches
i've got two hands to rub
i'm diggin the ditches of someone else's luck

I know I'm weedkiller honey... and you're sugar
If you're the prosecution... I get away with murder
If you were ice... I'm water
And with your telescope... I can see further
We're binary code... a one and a zero

these are the some best lyrics Bono has written in years....:drool: :drool:

No thread with a Coldplay reference should ever stay unlocked.

Still...I get your point. Mercy could possibly not make the cut. Which would suck. :eek:

xaviMF22 said:

And with your telescope... I can see further
We're binary code... a one and a zero

these are the some best lyrics Bono has written in years....:drool: :drool:
Those last two lines sound like they slid off the back of a Coldplay B-side.

Listening to Mercy on the way home from work tonight I was struck, once again, at how powerful and fresh the track feels. Yes, it's U2 unabashed, but perhaps in a more sincere way than some tracks off the previous two albums. Whereas Beautiful Day is supposedly classic U2, this song really is vintage. And yet, it still feels fresh and not contrived.

Canadiens1160, there's no need to quote the same text repeatedly...especially with such a large font size.

Also...could we cut it out with the Coldplay references? There's no need for them to keep popping up all the damn time. You wanna talk about Coldplay?

http://forum.interference.com/t157495.html

There ya go.

If the new U2 album does not have Mercy, I will be absolutely thrilled. I really can't see the mass appeal. The guitar riff is a snooze, the bass line is just another Clayton root chordorama, the drums aren't much to parade about, and Bono's lyrics are just a mess of needless metaphors. The whiny singing in the "I feeeeel nothing!" part doesn't help either. Oh I know, I know...someone will pipe up to say, your opinion is wrong, GibsonGirl! What each individual member does is not important! It's the way everything comes together that makes the song so fantastic and the best thing U2 have ever written, like ever!

And I'll just say that in my opinion, it all comes together to create a boring song that's not quite worth all the praise. If I want to hear a song that's trying too hard to sound like classic U2, I'll listen to Miracle Drug or something.

I find it hilarious how some people on this board get angry if you don't stress the fact that you're merely expressing your opinion. It's as if they're afraid that you're trying to push cold hard facts on them.

shart1780 said:
I find it hilarious how some people on this board get angry if you don't stress the fact that you're merely expressing your opinion. It's as if they're afraid that you're trying to push cold hard facts on them.

Yes, it is rather amusing. Music, for the most part, is one of the most subjective topics of discussion you could think of. If you forget to include those three little words, everyone jumps on you. Well, they jump on you anyway if you have anything remotely negative to say, but that's something else entirely.

GibsonGirl said:
If the new U2 album does not have Mercy, I will be absolutely thrilled. I really can't see the mass appeal. The guitar riff is a snooze, the bass line is just another Clayton root chordorama, the drums aren't much to parade about, and Bono's lyrics are just a mess of needless metaphors. The whiny singing in the "I feeeeel nothing!" part doesn't help either. Oh I know, I know...someone will pipe up to say, your opinion is wrong, GibsonGirl! What each individual member does is not important! It's the way everything comes together that makes the song so fantastic and the best thing U2 have ever written, like ever!

And I'll just say that in my opinion, it all comes together to create a boring song that's not quite worth all the praise. If I want to hear a song that's trying too hard to sound like classic U2, I'll listen to Miracle Drug or something.

:up:

Mercy is the only U2 song I've ever deleted from my library. I heard it once or twice to see the hype and saw nothing special about it.
Instead, for the first time ever, I cared about the lyrics to this song and found them to be something written on Bono's toilet paper while he was...um...you know.
If it were on the new U2 album (which it wouldn't be, they left it out of HTDAAB for a very very very very very good reason, I'd delete it as well. In fact, I'd burn a brand new copy of the new album, sans Mercy just so it would be enjoyable.
And if it was played in concert, I'd step outside for a cigarette.

And I don't even smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom