What If....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the tourist

Blue Crack Addict
They release a live version of City Of Blinding Lights along with another live song from the tour and two or three b-sides as a sort of "Wide Awake In America" pt. 2 (20 years later!) instead of City Of Blinding Lights as a single? Just a thought.

NOt a bad idea, although i am sure we will see Miracle Drug or OOTS as released as a single before that happens......

Not sure if we'll see Original Of The Species as a single.... I mean, they didn't play it live....

They'd stopped playing "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses" and "If God Will Send His Angels" live by the time they released them as singles too.

I wonder if a Live ep is really commercially viable on it's own these days?

Although the fans would buy it, would anyone else?

The record companies might not allow it, especially with falling single sales generally.

As for original of the species, I wonder if they'll play it on the european leg, where 'all because of you' hasn't been a 'marketed' single. (its available in the shops, buts it hasn't charted yet)

They could sell it on iTunes, I've seen a lot of live EPs there recently

It may. Just like how If God Will Send His Angels was a single and played sparingly. If it wasn't played at all, though, I wouldn't think so. Now that they have played it live, I think there's a better chance of it being a single.

Back
Top Bottom