What I Like About You...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~fairy_girl~

Acrobat
sorry if its wrong forum or already posted about.

you know that tv show for kids, its on nickelodeon here... 'What I Like Abou You ?

starring Amanda Bynes ???

well was watching it last night ( :eek: yes i do actually think its pretty cool ) and the girl, Holly (amanda), her sisters boyfriends ex girlfriend got them exclusive u2 tickets, so holly and her friend and sister b/f went to a u2 concert... Holly talked afterwards of how she "felt like Bono was only singing to her although he barely looked at her all night" or something ;)

u didnt actually hear or see u2, but i thought it was really cool of them to 'feature' u2. ;)

i sure thought it was cool anyway :wink:

awesome! I love it whenever I'm watching a show on the tellie and there's a random U2ey moment. For instance, on "Scrubs" a girl was flipping threw her CD cases and you could see "The Joshua Tree" with her saying "I love U2." ALSO, on the same sitcom, J.D. (the main character) was listening to some song in the beginning of the program, where he all of a sudden says "Okay, let's listen to something that ROCKS" (or something to that extent) and then "Beautiful Day" begins to play. Goodstuff! :)

Aaaaaaaand of course (and this was really surprising), there's this show called "Brace Face" about this girl in highschool (I think) who has braces. Well anyhoo, her mom was telling her about how she was born at a U2 concert during "Sunday Bloody Sunday." I personally didn't see the episode, but a friend of mine told me about it. haha, wish I woulda seen it. Sounds really funny!

Then, of course, there's the whole episode of "Saved by the Bell" with the whole gang of friends trying to get tickets to see U2 (back in the glory days of ZooTV).

ALSO, I've heard there are quite a few mentions of the band on the WB show, "Gilmore Girls" :ohmy:

So yeah, anyhoo, it was good to hear U2 mentioned on the show! I guess I'll be more inclined to watch the program, now :wink:

Side Note: I just finished watching VH1's show, "Spin," about the true meaning behind popular songs. Well anyway, they had "One" featured on this particular episode, and they said it was about the tensions between the behind. Is this really true?? I had always thought it had something to do with AIDS :shrug:

Catman said:
Then, of course, there's the whole episode of "Saved by the Bell" with the whole gang of friends trying to get tickets to see U2 (back in the glory days of ZooTV).

I was watching SBTB the other day, and they were in college, and in one of the dorm rooms there was a poster of the Zooropa cover. I was like, "hey. that's pretty sweet."

Catman said:

I actually taped that episode on one of my U2 tapes. :laugh:

Catman said:

ALSO, I've heard there are quite a few mentions of the band on the WB show, "Gilmore Girls" :ohmy:

omg i remember that SBTB episode lol, I dont think i was a real u2 fan at the time :eek:, i was probably about 12 ;)

aww i watch the gilmore girls when i can too, its just started here on nickelodeon too, but i have missed the past few weeks episodes cos i was on hoiliday then work has been busy, so have missed it. its a really cool show :)

Catman said:
Aaaaaaaand of course (and this was really surprising), there's this show called "Brace Face" about this girl in highschool (I think) who has braces. Well anyhoo, her mom was telling her about how she was born at a U2 concert during "Sunday Bloody Sunday." I personally didn't see the episode, but a friend of mine told me about it. haha, wish I woulda seen it. Sounds really funny!

:yes:. That was definitely a surprise. But it was pretty cool. :).

I actually taped that episode the next time it came on. :p.

Originally posted by Catman

I have never seen this episode.

Course, I never really watched "Saved By The Bell".

I'll keep an eye out for that episode, though.

All these other mentions are interesting, too. It's definitely a neat thing when U2's mentioned in some T.V. show

Side Note: I just finished watching VH1's show, "Spin," about the true meaning behind popular songs. Well anyway, they had "One" featured on this particular episode, and they said it was about the tensions between the behind. Is this really true?? I had always thought it had something to do with AIDS :shrug:

I saw that, too. I've heard both stories. I think both are right, in a way.

I'd never heard the theory about it being about Guggi's marriage. To be perfectly honest, I've always thought the song was dealing with Edge's divorce.

Angela

"I'd never heard the theory about it being about Guggi's marriage. To be perfectly honest, I've always thought the song was dealing with Edge's divorce."

But wasn't that what "So Cruel" was about :confused: I guess writing about an event in one song does not, indeed, limit that event solely(sp?) to that song...

:crazy:

So anyway, I just thought of another U2 mention in a sitcom. I was watching an episode of "Cheers" one night, and Woody was talking to this girl about music and bands that he liked. Anyway, she mentioned U2 and he was like "hey, I love them!" heheh, I was pleasantly surprised :drunk:

EDIT: Bonochick: I taped that episode, too :p

Last edited:
Catman said:
But wasn't that what "So Cruel" was about :confused: I guess writing about an event in one song does not, indeed, limit that event solely(sp?) to that song...

:crazy:

Well, I've heard that a good deal of Achtung Baby could've been dealing with Edge's divorce, hence the reason why I think "One" is about that.

But yeah, I think you're right, definitely believe "So Cruel" deals with that, too.

So anyway, I just thought of another U2 mention in a sitcom. I was watching an episode of "Cheers" one night, and Woody was talking to this girl about music and bands that he liked. Anyway, she mentioned U2 and he was like "hey, I love them!" heheh, I was pleasantly surprised :drunk:

Neat!

Angela

Back
Top Bottom