What has Bono achieved with his political work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tinwal

The Fly
Hi
Does anyone have the statistics or info on what Mr B has achieved through his activism and political work? I'm very interested to see a positive angle as opposed of the recent bashing he has recieved in light of his acceptance of a knighthood. Thanks in advance good people of the board.

some 30 billion of debt removed this year alone, I'm not sure what it is for other years.... and USA giving 30,000 africans ARV's... add to that the jobs Gap and Edun give....

From the redcampaign.org website:

(RED) sales in the U.S. in the first six weeks since launch have raised enough money to:

Provide more than 40,000 people with ARV treatment for a year
(Note: These treatments are only a small portion of a person's overall treatment and represent just one year of lifelong treatment.)

Or
Provide more than 2 million peer educators with HIV training

Or
Provide a year's worth of school materials and daily hot meals for more than 86,000 children orphaned by AIDS

Or
Provide more than 1 million Rapid Tests which detect HIV and deliver instant test results.*

Galeongirl said:
some 30 billion of debt removed this year alone ....

As far as I remember, it was a pledge by the G7 nations. The realization is, I think, remains unseen yet.. Correct me if I'm wrong though..

As to what Bono has achieved? One either loves or hates him :sad:

Back
Top Bottom