What happened to Xanax and Wine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulrg

Refugee
Anyone know?

Was it merged into another song in the way of Vertigo/Native Son/Full Metal Jacket, has it been put to one side or will we see it as a b-side?:huh:

I suspect it is now known as Miracle Drug. Or has a band quote disproven that?

'Xanax & Wine' is a different song than 'Mirracle Drug' according to an inside report. Besides, each title has a completely different connotation. The only thing similar about them is they both have a word that denotes a drug. Given that many of U2's songs have shared denotations, I think it's safe to assume this is just another in a long line of them.

Xanax and wine I believe was a title that was never meant to stick.

"ecstacy and wine" is the name of a song/EP ( I believe) by my bloody valentine. A band that from what I can tell from interviews influenced achtung baby quite a bit.

I think xanax and wine might have been a track that had a feel, or a groove or slightly reminded them of a my bloody valentine song and thus instead of ecstasy and wine we got xanax and wine.

this is a complete guess by the way...I don't have a better clue than any of you.

I beleive that Dalkay Beach had revealed that Edge provided backing vocals on the song and he said the song was Miracle/xanax
I perfer the title Miracle drug to xanax and wine

well if you mix xanax and wine you get dizzy...maybe it did become vertigo!

xanax is a benzodiazepene. Literally a "chill-pill" as it calms the nervous system. It is in the same class of drugs as valium. It is NOT to be mixed with alcohol under any circumstances. Can be very deadly.

elfyx said:
xanax is a benzodiazepene. Literally a "chill-pill" as it calms the nervous system. It is in the same class of drugs as valium. It is NOT to be mixed with alcohol under any circumstances. Can be very deadly.
Exactly. This is totally different than all the feelings the title 'Mirracle Drug' conjures up....which - combined with the music and the lyrics, as we've briefly heard - are far more hopeful.

maybe it was just a provisional title like FMJ and is somewhere on the album. Is it just me or has the last few days been real slow news wise?

I think Xanax and Wine was just a demo that was left off the album. I mean the titles are similar, but the concept can not be the same. Although MIRACLE DRUG is about a drug, it is definitley not about Xanax or wine. I doubt any part of it is on this album.

Back
Top Bottom