What got you into U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the german TV Rockpalast broadcasting of the "Loreley"-concert in Germany 1983. btw the live LP "UABRS" contains a few songs recorded at that Loreley concert date 20/08/1983 (I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, The Electric Co. New Years Day & 40)

Last edited:
1981. My brother had Boy for some reason. I say that as he hates u2! I remember hearing the start of electric co so i played it over and over and then stumbled across A Day Without Me. Must have been the dealy on edges guitar that amazed me. since then been a big fan. My only worry is that there are no acts about that come near to filling the void for me should u2 call it a day.

In 1997, my brother was hooked by Discotheque and bought Pop... He listened to it quite often and I got to know it gradually(I was still young and not into music yet)...

The song that did it for me was Staring at the Sun. It still remains one of my favourite U2 songs ever!

I'm not sure but I think it was the Even Better video. Coolest camera work ever and the band looked soooooo cool!!! Back then, I liked Achtung and Zooropa for the singles and the music videos that accompanied them. Pop made me a big fan and I started buying the albums.

The first time I heard that chimming ringing guitar and these lyrics....

In cracked streets trampled underfoot
Side step, sidewalk
I see you stare into the space
Have I got closer now behind the face
Oh, tell me, cherry you dance with me
Turn me around tonight
Up through the spiral staircase
To the higher ground

...in a word...Promenade!

Back
Top Bottom