What got cut out of the radio edit...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murray

Acrobat
Probably:

A. In the intro, I am beginning to think that on the record, Bono probably counted to a higher number (may even just be 14, or "catorce"), but the radio thought it was too long so they stopped it, or edited it to jsut once, dos, tres, catorce!

B. Might be a double chorus before the "Just me, me, me," it seems to stop pretty abruptly right before that.

C. Stop in the middle of the song, radio probably though people would complain that they got a bad connection, aka it might get misunderstood.

D. A solo before the final chorus and yeah yeah yeahs.

E. A full-throttle temper tantrum from the Edge at the very end. :scream: just kidding!

What else do you think they cut out, or didn't?

its interesting if you listen to the u2-niza clip and to the nova promo clip, they both have the drop out sound just before bono goes hello hello (it comes on late in the niza clip, but you can just barely notice it in the nova clip)

To me, it sounds like the drum intro should have been slightly longer. Just slightly. To me, it seems like the count in was a bit abrupt, but that could just be me. And I definitely hope that D was one of the things left out as well! :wink: Though, I must say, I love the guitar in this song anyway. It's amazing how The Edge can make simple chords sound so good. Love his little riff after the second chorus too. You know the one I'm talking about. But I definitely wouldn't say no to a solo...

The radio didn't cut anything. They woulden't be so stupid. This is probably the single or the radio version U2 sent them. The band edits the songs themselves (not actually doing it of course) for whatever format they want to put it on. Why would you think the radio would chop the song like that so much? :eyebrow:

i really doubt that the album version would have bono counting up to 14 in spanish.

if anything, maybe the outro will be longer. actually, the only complaint i have about Vertigo is that it doesn't last enough.

TheBrazilianFly said:
The radio didn't cut anything. They woulden't be so stupid. This is probably the single or the radio version U2 sent them. The band edits the songs themselves (not actually doing it of course) for whatever format they want to put it on. Why would you think the radio would chop the song like that so much? :eyebrow:

I thought "radio-edit" in this sense refers to the single format. At least that's the impression I got. I probably read the original post too quickly. :wink:

(radio edit)=issued by the label.

Like the version of Streets on the Best of, I believe is the radio edit.

The only question I have is why does a MEGA-short 3 minute song need to be edited.

usually there are only two reason for radio edit:
1-the length of the orignial is deemed to long for the public disposal (this doesnt happen much anymore)
2-bad language

GibsonGirl said:

I thought "radio-edit" in this sense refers to the single format. At least that's the impression I got. I probably read the original post too quickly. :wink:

You know I'm a little confused too. I thought there would just be a single version and the album version. But apparently the video got a longer version then the radio one we're listening to. :|

TheBrazilianFly said:

You know I'm a little confused too. I thought there would just be a single version and the album version. But apparently the video got a longer version then the radio one we're listening to. :|

It did? How do you know?

The intro for the tour will be the guys from spain (1st Vertigo 'leak') counting from 1 to 14, when U2 enters the stage and starts the song. :eyebrow:

I thought Dalkey Beach said we're hearing the Jackknife Lee version in a different thread the other day. Not that that tells us much, but I guess if there's any editing we can blame him---lol.

Back
Top Bottom