what gave me the chills in ND

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popkidu2

War Child
1. New York "People on cell phones..."

2. What's Going On...ending with the haunting "father"....he's up there Bono...

3. POE....c'mon...tell me you didn't get a bit teary

4. WOWY...."we'll shine like stars...."

5. speech before one.

------------------
I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me.

Thank you. I was beginning to think I was the only one that felt this way. Don't forget the NYPD and firefighters...I know that made me cry.

------------------

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Popkidu2,

Same here. "New York" had me tearing up.

I loved the extended Beautiful Day intro.

Before Bono did the "shine like stars" in WOWY, I was saying out loud that I wanted that add-on...and bang, there it was.

"Bad" was amazing as well...I love the lyric,
"Bruised silken sky and burning flag, colors crash, collide in blood shot eyes"

Just an amazing, touching concert.

AJ

"Bad" was amazing as well...I love the lyric,
"Bruised silken sky and burning flag, colors crash, collide in blood shot eyes."

Yes, and I loved how after singing this he had someone from the crowd pass up a large Irish flag, held it up in his left hand and then while singing "let it go..." dropped the flag to the ground. This moment and many others gave me the overall feeling of this concert...letting go to be elevated to a higher love.

Bono's speech before "One" was great and right on the mark. As long as there are people in this world living without hope(living in poverty), there will always be Bin Laden's to pray upon their hopelessness. Poverty/hopelessness IS the fuel of the fanatic. If we could tackle this problem with the same courage, commitment and unity as we have the recent terrorist attacks...then maybe we can truly change the world.

Awesome concert. Very touching, thoughtful, inspirational. They reached and connected with everyone in the small venue...including those of us behind the stage.

Originally posted by popkidu2:

2. What's Going On...ending with the haunting "father"....he's up there Bono...

You are so right, I'd forgotten about that. That was so touching. New York made me cry, the cell phones part and "Religious nuts, political fanatics" and some other lines. And I completely loved the lines from Molly Malone in Bad, has he ever done that before?? Now that I think about these moments I realize again it really was an amazing show!!

------------------
Be a world, child, form a circle
Before we all go under

I've been trying all day to explain to my best friend how changed I feel after being a voice in a choir of 11,000 people singing Hallelujah as those guys walked aroung that heart......I don't know if any concert will ever compare.....AMAZING

Memorable moments from the U2 concert at ND,
In no particular order, just how they come to mind:

1. New York
I just had a really wierd feeling through the whole song...especially the part about religious nuts, and having the thought in the back of my mind that 3 members of U2 actually do have apartments in NY.

2. Sunday Bloody Sunday
I don't think I've ever heard a version of the song like that performance...especially Larry's opening to the song. It seemed to me that he just attacked the drum set.

3. Bono's voice through the entire concert.
I'd have to agree, he was just amazing vocally that night.

4. Bono and the Edge hugging after the acoustic version of Staring at the Sun.
I'll probably have a mental picture of that in my mind for a long time. Just reminds me of how close all the members of U2 really are.

5. The Back to back to back playing of Streets-ISHFWILF-WOWY (with the "Shine like Stars" ending)

6. Hearing Bad live...for the very first time.
I, like someone else mentioned, didn't recognize it until the intro was almost over.

7. Walk On-Hallelujah ending with the NYPD and the FDNY members walking along the heart. Truly a memorable moment.

8. "One", with a lot of people holding up an index finger. The line of that song that really stood out was "we've got to carry each other...." I'd have to say that over the past several weeks the people of the US definately have carried each other.

------------------
"Yeah, we'll shine like stars in the summer night, we'll shine like stars in the winter night. One heart, one hope, one love."

The part of the show that got me was when "Bad" was played. It was never one of my favorite songs of theirs. Not that I didn't like it, but just not among my favorites. This live version changed my mind about the song though. I didn't even recognize it when it started. I realised that the background music in it was brought out more live, and that made a big difference. On the studio version, you can kind of hear it, but it's not loud. I can't wait to see it played in Philadelphia now.

New York really got to me, but I lost it during "Walk On". I used to think of this song being directed to a single person, but watching it from ND, I felt like they were talking to the entire nation. It was beautiful, but it brought back feelings from those first few days after the 11th. I was glad to see the omission of "Bullet", I don't think it's appropriate, although I hear they have since put it back in the setlist. I was also glad to hear Bono continue talking about debt relief as well as the tradgedy because it is important to remember that other causes in the world still need our attention, too. In all, I experienced U2 in a very different way then ever before and I hope I won't get emotional when I see them in Providence.

Back
Top Bottom