What fans of which bands do you absolutely want to smack for likeing that band?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jesseu2

Refugee
Oasis fans that think u2 suck and say oasis is signing about drugs when U2 does have a song about drugs, Bad.

any rap genre
any boy band
any teeny pop crap singer
Marilyn Manson (non u2-fans)

all i can think of for now

[This message has been edited by jesseu2 (edited 01-06-2002).]

Originally posted by jesseu2:

any rap genre
any boy band

[This message has been edited by jesseu2 (edited 01-06-2002).][/B]

Wow, that's pretty broad. I don't really want to smack anyone up, thanks. Except perhaps the people who start these threads (punches self in head).

------------------
"I could walk into this room
and the waves of conversation
are enough
to knock you down
with the undertow

soooo alone..."

I think maybe the part of the Creed fans who don?t like U2 are ready to get their asses kicked!

------------------
beLIEve

i'm talkin bout people who are NOT u2 fans and ppl who think u2 sucks. please don't flame me, i just want to see what others think.

Oasis fans that think u2 suck and say oasis is signing about drugs when U2 does have a song about drugs, Bad.

Please explain to incompetent people such as myself, how Bad is song about drugs. I fail to clearly understand.

Great thread Jess.

Alot of country fans..like Garth Brooks fans..umm-need a slap..I will let the country chick fans slide though.
Metalheads-theyre living in a time-warp...Need a bigger slap.
Most Hiphop and Pop fans need a slap..except the chicks always gotta let em slide.

Jess are you back in Az.?

Jimmy-
Bad is about the ill effects of Herion and other illict drugs.

Db9

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 01-06-2002).]

EMINEM and SLIPKNOT grr i cant stand their new video-it sickens me

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

Definetly the Creed fans who worship the band but claim to hate U2, Pearl Jam and Metallica. It's bad enough that their favorite band is the embodiment of mediocrity and pretentiousness but it's downright frustrating when the simple bastards say they hate the three bands that the boys from Creed rip off the most.

MAP

I know everyone is entitled to their own musical taste but...

Slipknot (what is that all about..)
Eminem
Linkin Park ('rock' for the under 12's)
Limp Biscuit ('rock' for the under 8's)
Hear 'Say
S Club 7
Blue
Oasis
Marylin Manson

and the Bon Jovi fans for plotting against us in the VH1 awards... thought that was really sad

Although I don't like saying any fan of anything needs a slap -

I will say that I have no idea on the appeal of these people:

Mudvayne
Slipknot
Insane Clown Posse
Baha Men

I'd have to say Bon Jovi fans. They are all fooling themselves thinking that Bon Jovi is still cool.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
Great thread Jess.

Alot of country fans..like Garth Brooks fans..umm-need a slap..I will let the country chick fans slide though.
Metalheads-theyre living in a time-warp...Need a bigger slap.
Most Hiphop and Pop fans need a slap..except the chicks always gotta let em slide.

Jess are you back in Az.?

Jimmy-
Bad is about the ill effects of Herion and other illict drugs.

Db9

Why the hatred towards country and its fans?
I love country music and I love U2 and many other forms of music. I know Bono loves a lot of country music as well. The stories that are told in country songs are unparalleled in the music world.

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever

I'm completely with you Jesse, but add to that list, any of those teenage angst-ridden, mommy-doesn't-love-me any more type bands like Green Day, etc. (there were about 3-4 of this genre)

any rap genre
any boy band
Marilyn Manson (non u2-fans)

all i can think of for now

The Phish fans I work with need a good slap. They do not find any music that is not Phish to be worth while. I can not stand Phish, I'm glad they have gone away. Too bad the crappy boots survive.

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
Oh it could be argued they need a 'slap' Ms. Hello.
And it blows me away that you are a M.Manson fan and not a Creed fan..even w/the inside track you have on Brother Stapp.
Oh and I am underwhelmed w/Insane Clown DingDongs..

Late-
Db9

Good to hear from ya, big guy
wink.gif

Truthfully, I used to be a huge Manson fan (not into face paint and black lipstick or anything) and into the Goth scene for quite some time. I have the "inside track" to quite a few of those big Goth bands to and I guess having been aware of Manson for so long, and knowing alot of his clan personally, I just liked his lyrics and loved the music. I haven't liked any of their music since 1996, per se', but it's just one of those bands I like - and can totally understand why others do not like MM. It's all subjective, and definitely not something anyone should be slapped over. I think any proverbial slapping should be brought upon those who think people should be slapped because of personal taste. MM is taken very out of context most of the time. As are many things. If one wanted to, they could find any type of heaven or hell in any musical group's message. I think alot of those teeny-bopper's groups are down-right pervy sometimes
smile.gif

*sigh* I don't want to seem like the MM poster-child. I used to hate them, used to be scared by them, but gave them a chance, and at that point in my life, some of their stuff appealed to me. As for Creed, I can't stand their sound and their pretention. I'm glad they are experiencing their success, and I can see their appeal - but knowing what I know about them personally far out-weighs (in the asshole department) any personal knowledge I had on Brian Warner and the lads in MM.

[This message has been edited by HelloAngel (edited 01-06-2002).]

Ah, I wouldn't want to smack anybody for the music they like. To each his (or her) own.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

my brother is a fan of slipknot, tool, system of a down,even power man 2000.and i do tell him that they all suck i cant stand them gahhhhhh. oh and yesterday some of the kids on my familys side came to our place and saw my brothers posters of slipknot and all this crap and they are like hey he is cool and when they se my u2 this girl who is like 13 something says this is gay and that she likes slip knot she calls u2 gay and asked me if i liked bsb or insinc they were just joking but i bad mouth all thoes little basterds i know they are all jelious what you think. oh and plese tell me what to say when i meet these people taht listen to crap like this.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

Dont believe the devil i dont believe his book.

Originally posted by shaun vox:
my brother is a fan of slipknot, tool, system of a down,even power man 2000.and i do tell him that they all suck i cant stand them gahhhhhh. oh and yesterday some of the kids on my familys side came to our place and saw my brothers posters of slipknot and all this crap and they are like hey he is cool and when they se my u2 this girl who is like 13 something says this is gay and that she likes slip knot she calls u2 gay and asked me if i liked bsb or insinc they were just joking but i bad mouth all thoes little basterds i know they are all jelious what you think. oh and plese tell me what to say when i meet these people taht listen to crap like this.

OMG what a horror story. My deepest sympathies. Must have been hard not to eject the annoying little pests from the house.

What should you tell them? Tell them they are SO FRIGGIN IGNORANT they don't even know how ignorant and pathetic they really are. Really sad.
mad.gif

------------------
~Burned by the fire of love~

Can we smack them on the ass if need be?

------------------
N A T E

Greedy for the good things as well as the bad.....

I don't blame the kids for liking all that pop fluff and that rock/rap sh@# because they are mindless vessels who are dictated by MTV and the corporate giants (which happens to be run by people who could be their parents) what is cool. (So much for rebelling against the previous generation.) As for Mudvayne, Insane Clown Possee, Drowning Pool, etc. I just have to laugh. I mean, there used to be some bands who could pull that really tough thing off but this new crop are trying so hard to imitate that, they almost seem like a caricature of it. Well, that's my say.

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
Although I don't like saying any fan of anything needs a slap -

I will say that I have no idea on the appeal of these people:

Mudvayne
Slipknot
Insane Clown Posse
Baha Men

Oh it could be argued they need a 'slap' Ms. Hello.
And it blows me away that you are a M.Manson fan and not a Creed fan..even w/the inside track you have on Brother Stapp.
Oh and I am underwhelmed w/Insane Clown DingDongs..

Late-
Db9

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

Mudvayne
Slip Knot
Creed
Any "bling-bling" rappers (ie. Nelly)
N'Sync
Backstreet Boys
Limp Bizkit
Linkin Park
Sum41
New Found Glory
and lots of other groups I can't even remember right now.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

i dont think anyone needs to be smacked for liking different bands or different styles in music, or saying u2 sucks, there will always be people who have those opinions. i do think however they need to get their heads checked when saying that u2 sucks.

------------------
touch me, take me to that other place, teach me, i know i'm not a hopeless case

[This message has been edited by nellie (edited 01-06-2002).]

Originally posted by JimmyChicken:
Please explain to incompetent people such as myself, how Bad is song about drugs. I fail to clearly understand.

it's about losing a friend to heroin, they even say that before some shows.
running to stand still is also about drugs.
TIP: play those 2 songs back to back, it's a nice experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom