What does U2 think of Creed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
I'm sorry to post another Creed thread.

It's obvious that the majority of the people here hate Creed. I don't like them either.

But what does U2 think of them? Anyone know?

BTW, please refrain from bashing Creed in this thread. Do it in the other Creed threads.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

I've never heard U2 talk about Creed, but I know that Creed likes U2.

eh...that's all. I'm sure if U2 really liked them, though, they'd be giving them as much attention as they do Beyonce
biggrin.gif

Er...that came out wrong.

I think it was In that Spin interview that they were asked if it was disappointing that no newer bands were willing and ready to carry the torch of rock n roll or something, and Creed wasn't mentioned anymore.

I can't imagine they like them too much.

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

"Bono was embraced as rock's latest mystic leader, a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

"I used to gaze out my classroom window and dream And then go home and listen to Ray sing "I believe to my soul" after school" ~Van Morrison~

Originally posted by DebbieSG:
Creed thanks The Edge in the liner notes on the my own prison CD.

REALLY?!!! Are they friends? Or maybe they just love Edge. Hm. Does Edge know?

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

"Bono was embraced as rock's latest mystic leader, a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

"I used to gaze out my classroom window and dream And then go home and listen to Ray sing "I believe to my soul" after school" ~Van Morrison~

question.what does u2 think of creed?
answer. nothing at all.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

Dont believe the devil i dont believe his book.

Originally posted by WildHonee:
REALLY?!!! Are they friends? Or maybe they just love Edge. Hm. Does Edge know?

Well if he doesn't know by now, he hasn't been keeping up on the internet
wink.gif
. I wonder if they are friends, or just worked professionally, don't know.

Surely U2 have some opinion on Creed, they're one of the few white middle class rock bands showing some ambition.

If you thank someone in the liner notes of a CD I wouldn't think it necessarily means that person was involved. If I was inspired so much by what U2 do and how they do it that I decided to make my own band and record an album.. I might well thank the band even if they didn't have any idea I existed.

Originally posted by SkeeK:
If you thank someone in the liner notes of a CD I wouldn't think it necessarily means that person was involved. If I was inspired so much by what U2 do and how they do it that I decided to make my own band and record an album.. I might well thank the band even if they didn't have any idea I existed.

I agree.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I like Creed, but 'My Own Prison' was MUCH better cd than 'Human Crap'-I mean 'Human Clay', and before they hit big and got arrogant Scott Stapp praised U2 and said JT changed his life and he would love to meet U2 and tell them that. Now he's farting on about their new cd 'Worthless'-I mean ' Weathered' saying that is their JT. Whatever dude. They do kinda rock though!

Can someone please tell me why there is so much hatred towards Creed? I don't think they are better than U2 or the Beatles, but they are a pretty good rock band in this day in age. They are talented musicians, even if some people do not care for their music. While I do not have any of their albums, I think 'My Sacrifice' is a pretty cool tune, and some of the other stuff I have heard of theirs is not half bad.....Sometimes I feel that people here bash whatever music is played on the radio if it's not U2. At least Creed write thier own songs and are actually a real BAND, which is more than you can say for a lot of the 'artists' played on the radio these days...

I have never heard U2 put down any other artist no matter how bad the masses believe they may be. So I doubt that U2 would make an exception for Creed. The similairity between the two bands is that they both have a positive spiritual element that is curiousily absent from most mainstream rock except maybe Live, POD and Lifehouse (or the occasional Lenny Kravitz tune, I have been told.)

I think if asked, Bono would say something nice about Stapp and the band, he had some interesting remark about Eminem one time when I saw he and the Edge interviewed. I for one like Creed in case you hadn't noticed yet.

Originally posted by Hitman:
Can someone please tell me why there is so much hatred towards Creed? I don't think they are better than U2 or the Beatles, but they are a pretty good rock band in this day in age. They are talented musicians, even if some people do not care for their music. While I do not have any of their albums, I think 'My Sacrifice' is a pretty cool tune, and some of the other stuff I have heard of theirs is not half bad.....Sometimes I feel that people here bash whatever music is played on the radio if it's not U2. At least Creed write thier own songs and are actually a real BAND, which is more than you can say for a lot of the 'artists' played on the radio these days...

I see your point, but this isn't a Creed bashing thread. Read my original post.

------------------

why are you obsessed with a band that, for the life of me, i cannot see any link with U2 at all. where are they from? what kind of music do they play?

surely the fact i am asking these questions at all shows what mark they've made on the world stage.

Hopefully that thye suck and that the lead singer from Creed has exactly the same voice as the lead singer from Pearl Jam..or maybe thats jsut me who thinks that
smile.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

Originally posted by mikal:

BTW, please refrain from bashing Creed in this thread. Do it in the other Creed threads.

------------------

I completely agree, BV, which is why, tho I do like some Creed stuff, I can't stand Pearl Jam, so I can't get past that Eddie Vedderesque voice that Scott Stapp possesses...

I recall there were a couple other groups out there who sounded frighteningly similar to Pearl Jam, which totally turned me off to them as well. (early 90s grunge era stuff)

there's just something about Eddie's/Scott's voices that's like nails on a chalkboard to me...bleah...

Originally posted by bono-vox:
Hopefully that thye suck and that the lead singer from Creed has exactly the same voice as the lead singer from Pearl Jam..or maybe thats jsut me who thinks that
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom