What does U2 fans think 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wich is the best?

• Joshua Tree

Votes: 40 39.6%
  • Achtung Baby

Votes: 61 60.4%

• Total voters
The Joshua Tree is miles better than Achtung Baby is.

The Joshua Tree is also one of the best albums ever made, so that's not a knock on Achtung Baby.

Song for song, I like more songs on AB than I do on JT, but of the songs I like on JT, they far outstrip anything AB has to offer. Quality over quantity; JT wins.

Desert island; I'd trade the entire AB album just for Streets or WOWY.

Last edited:
Achtung Baby

...I'm waiting for Axver answering he would choose The Unforgettable Fire

WTSHNN->ISHFWILF->WOWY is superior to AB in its entirety, so The Joshua Tree gets my vote. Also...

Zootlesque said:
Don't you think this could get a tad biased right now what with the impending JT re-release? Actually it might get even more biased after the release! :wink:
I don't think anything will ever outweigh the 90's bias on IF. I'd even wager if you pitted TJT vs. Pop on here, the results wouldn't be as big a blowout as one would assume. :p

catlhere said:
I don't think anything will ever outweigh the 90's bias on IF. I'd even wager if you pitted TJT vs. Pop on here, the results wouldn't be as big a blowout as one would assume. :p

Pop will probably win. :lol:

Can't help it if the 90s albums are so awesome. :shrug:

:p

AB has more songs that i like...
Zoostation, Even better than the real thing,One, Until the end of the world, Whos gonna ride your wild horses, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, Tryin´to throw your arms around the world "concert"
Ultraviolet (Light my way), Acrobat.
JT has four excellent songs.... Where the streets have no name, I still haven´t found what I´m looking for, With or without you, Bullet the blue sky, but in general I think that AB is better.

It's become harder more recently actually for me to decide between these two. Id've just come out with AB without thinking before, but now I think I appreciate JT as an album a whole lot more.

AB wins for me stil tho....just!

pat132 said:
Joshua Tree all day , I don't like Achtung Baby :reject: (way too much overrated!)

Don't worry, you're not alone. I consider only a third of that album to be worthwhile (UTEOTW, The Fly, Acrobat, LIB).

The Joshua Tree, in contrast, has only one weak song - Trip Through Your Wires.

Back
Top Bottom