what does MOFO mean?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MOFO

Moooother ...Am i still your son ???..

You know i've been waitin for so long

Mother ..mother roxk'n'roll....

:dance: :dance: :dance: :macdevil: :angel:

been around the back .. been around the front ...

Re: MOFO

pinkfloyd said:

been around the back .. been around the front ...

the first few times I heard this song, and before I had taken the time to look in the Sleeve, I INSISTED that The Edge was saying

"Little red men!!! Little red Girls!!!!"

:lol: :laugh: :lmao:

It works if you listen closely!!!!

the real question is "what does JOFO mean?"

:wave:

:mac: :scratch:

:macdevil: :coocoo: :angel:

When I first heard this song I thought wow he's censoring himself(given the title and all). But after looking at it, it makes much more sense being "sucking". Rock n Roll took place of his mother. So Rock n Roll is his mother's breast, it's his life line, it's his comfort. So it's Mother Suckin Rock n Roll!!!

I love the remix I have where he actually says fucking.

motherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rock and fucking rollll !

______
:wave: I like to hear bono swear

Mofo means motherfucker. But since U2 were in such a hurry to release POP instead of actually finish the album, they spelled it all wrong. It should have been Mofu - but it was too late.

Cheers,

J

jick said:
But since U2 were in such a hurry to release POP instead of actually finish the album, they spelled it all wrong. It should have been Mofu - but it was too late.
wtf? the phrase mofo has been used long before the band even thought about working on the album. i certainly hope you're joking.

there have been songs with mofo in the title b4. just like that red hot chili peppers song... what was it called? it had the word mofo in it...

* MoFo * said:
there have been songs with mofo in the title b4. just like that red hot chili peppers song... what was it called? it had the word mofo in it...

It was the album, "Uplift Mofo Party Plan", and it's in the bridge of Fight Like a Brave

"I'm here today to talk about the Uplift Mofo Party Plan, a plan based on a band, a band based on a plan"

Back
Top Bottom