What does everyone think about that U2 IPOD commercial now!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
doctorwho said:

Oh c'mon!

iTunes charges $1/song. With the U2 package, you received almost 450 songs for $150 - or just $100 if you had the coupon code. That works out to 22 cents a song!

Sorry that you feel so ripped off for paying 22 cents a song... :rolleyes:

It's a rip-off when you are paying 22 cents a song each for more than 400 that you already own - particularly when you own them on CD.

martha said:

Especially since the Stones got paid a shitload of money for it and Ameriquest is being investigated in thirty states for loan irregularities.

I'd imagine Keef has no idea. He thinks Ameriquest is the company run by Christopher Columbus.

Bono's shades said:

It's a rip-off when you are paying 22 cents a song each for more than 400 that you already own - particularly when you own them on CD.

Then the answer to that is obvious: don't download the songs!!

I don't get this idiotic notion of "rip-off". You have the songs - so if you don't want them, don't get them from iTunes. Those who don't have the songs or chose to spend 22 cents/song to get everything in mp3 format got some extra goodies as their reward. Nothing about this is a rip-off, other than your juvenille notions that you should be able to get everything U2 does at your convenience for the lowest possible price.

The Ipod is great, and the Itunes package was awesome for people like me: newbies that didnt have every single cd. I still bought ATYCLB and HTDAAB on cd, but I love the fact that the itunes package has live recordings. They are amazing! and U2 selling out? heck no, i was so excited to see them on tv at all!

doctorwho said:

I don't get this idiotic notion of "rip-off". You have the songs - so if you don't want them, don't get them from iTunes. Those who don't have the songs or chose to spend 22 cents/song to get everything in mp3 format got some extra goodies as their reward. Nothing about this is a rip-off, other than your juvenille notions that you should be able to get everything U2 does at your convenience for the lowest possible price.

I feel you are still missing the point that you cannot download ALL of the tracks on a track by track basis.

As Chizip said, some of them are in the "Unreleased and rare" category so only available to those who pay the full 150 whack.

doctorwho said:

No. In the Unreleased&Rare category are 18 songs. Of these 18, 9 of them are never-before-heard tracks, tracks that would normally be b-sides for singles. But these 18 Unreleased&Rare tracks have next to them on the right the words 'Album Only'. Do you know what that means? That means that they are saying to the fans who have diligently spent their money on all things U2 over the years - 'Tough shit. You want the unreleased stuff, you gotta buy everything you already have again'. I don't see what is juvenile about thinking that's not fair. Evidently a lot of people agree with me since a large chunk of people on this board - who have probably paid for all their other U2 stuff - obtained those Unreleased&Rare tracks via free internet circulation.

And, btw, when you download from ITunes, you're not getting mp3 format. You're getting propietary ITunes format - .AAC.

Back
Top Bottom