What do you want to hear on the next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
With a new album coming out, I'm saying about 6 new songs will make it into the set list on a nightly basis. Therefore, that will mean that they'll have even less of an opportunity to throw in some of our favorite non-single tracks. They will likely do a rotation based show (i.e. Elevation), but even still, they are limited. What songs would you like to hear from each album, then?

They have a set of songs that will NEVER be taken out of the set list. I would like to have "With or without you" replaced with something else of the Joshua Tree, like "God's Country". But there are several songs they can't cut out of the set list for the very reason that the audience expects to hear them. But is your wishlist for what they will play?

I wish for some obscure tracks from the Joshua Tree, or maybe even a Zooropa song or two. They say that the songs from that album didn't work live. Well, rather than being rehearsed before the tour, these songs were thrown together and integrated into the show as the tour moved on. I think it they worked on it, "Zooropa" or "Numb" could really be great live songs.

Some songs I would like to hear, which may or may not have been played before (in no particular order):

Mofo
Last Night on Earth
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Walk On
Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Beautiful Day
Out of Control
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
With a Shout
A Celebration
Gloria
New Years Day
Seconds
Bad
A Sort of Homecoming
MLK
With or Without You
One Tree Hill
In God's Country
Heartland
One
Until the End of the World
Summer Rain
Always
Holy Joe
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
Electrical Storm
The Hands That Built America

:hmm:...28...slightly more than a full setlist! :wink:

love is blindness is my favorite..and i absolutely love it live..but i don't think there will ever be the right moment to play it live again..which is sad to me..

here's just a couple that would make my life:

running to stand still
one tree hill
acrobat <--especially
stay
please
north and south of the river <--most of all!!
when i look at the world

and i fully realize that n&s of the river will probably never be sung live again...but i really love that song live...*sigh* such a hopeless case...

Taking WOWY out of the setlist is a sin. :shame:

I would like to hear...

October
RTSS
Seconds
Electric Co.
ADWM

I really, really think that "the ground beneath her feet" has classic potential for u2 live if they did this:
1. performed it with the ENTIRE band
2. edge doing cool edge sounds instead of that stupid organ

but maybe not....either way, I'm sure they'll never play it again.

I'd really like to hear "whose gonna ride your wild horses" again.:wink:

Awesome setlist INDEED!!

wertsie said:
Some songs I would like to hear, which may or may not have been played before (in no particular order):

Mofo
Last Night on Earth
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Walk On
Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Beautiful Day
Out of Control
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
With a Shout
A Celebration
Gloria
New Years Day
Seconds
Bad
A Sort of Homecoming
MLK
With or Without You
One Tree Hill
In God's Country
Heartland
One
Until the End of the World
Summer Rain
Always
Holy Joe
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
Electrical Storm
The Hands That Built America

:hmm:...28...slightly more than a full setlist! :wink:
OMG!:drool:
Just tell me when and where this kick ARSE setlist is going to take place and I'm so freakin there!!:drool: :hyper: :combust:
Talk about a dream setlist!
Gah...I need air...oh and yeah....you pretty much covered all of what I was going to say...:drool:

Anything but Bullet The Blue Sky....again.

But seriously...

An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart-Too bad it probably won't happen, but I bet you this would sound great now with Bono's falsetto.

The Unforgettable Fire-Who know's they may surprise us with this one.

Electrical Storm-probably would sound great live.

11 O'Clock Tick Tock

Wire-one can dream

Re: Awesome setlist INDEED!!

mmmBono said:

OMG!:drool:
Just tell me when and where this kick ARSE setlist is going to take place and I'm so freakin there!!:drool: :hyper: :combust:
Talk about a dream setlist!
Gah...I need air...oh and yeah....you pretty much covered all of what I was going to say...:drool:

:up: :lol: Cool! I aim to please!

I still haven't found what I'm looking for
Where the Streets have no Name
One
Walk On
2 Hearts beat as One
Beautiful Day
Gloria
With or Without You
Pride / New Year's Day

Anyone else think that "Bad" should be dropped. Honestly, when I saw them play it at Notre Dame, it was kind of a low point. It just isn't done justice anymore, I don't think. "With or without you" was also a low point. Those two songs just lack their original luster.

The_acrobat said:
Anyone else think that "Bad" should be dropped. Honestly, when I saw them play it at Notre Dame, it was kind of a low point. It just isn't done justice anymore, I don't think. "With or without you" was also a low point. Those two songs just lack their original luster.

i totally agree...you put it perfectly...he just can't hit those notes anymore...and i think it's almost like they want to keep them because they're "greatest hits" but that's never what their shows are about...besides...their "greatest hits" are never my favorites anyway :)

i really think that bad should be retired...really...

Bad and SBS should remain there, the live versions on the elevation tour are different, but they still kick ass!!

Cask said:
Bad and SBS should remain there, the live versions on the elevation tour are different, but they still kick ass!!

I think they should bring back Edge's acoustic version of SBS. That was gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom