What Do You Think U2 Should Have Done After Pop? - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2008, 06:24 PM   #61
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ponkine

If I were U2, I'd release a double album, packed carefully, without a letter on the front and back cover, and I'd release it without any announcement, singles, videos, etc. That would make U2 a reputable and credible band again
That would be the dumbest thing ever...

First of all, it's been done, so who would they get compared to? Secondly what would be your favorite song off that album?

Old 02-13-2008, 06:45 PM   #62
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:25 AM
Quote:
They should have said "Fuck the critics!" just like Led Zeppelin did back in the 70s.

Led Zeppelin III were critized a lot by the "critics", and after that they released an album without names, without any letter on the front and back cover, that's a geniune rock move !

How I wish U2 would do something like that, especially now, because they own more money than 99,9% of bands of this planet. They shouldn't care about iPod, hit singles, grammies, MTV, etc, they just should do like Radiohead

If I were U2, I'd release a double album, packed carefully, without a letter on the front and back cover, and I'd release it without any announcement, singles, videos, etc. That would make U2 a reputable and credible band again

... but no ... U2 would never dare to do that. It will be the same rotten story again, you know, cheap claims "Edge is On Fire", "Our Best Album", "Best collection of songs ever created", etc, etc, fake "lost tapes" stories, etc. More and more publicity, the first single played to death on radio and TV, the album containing 11 songs sounding just as U2, the band featured on the cover, etc. The same old song
So you want U2 to do something fresh and different by doing something someone else has already done

Old 02-13-2008, 06:48 PM   #63
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:25 PM
U2: Zoso

*cover shows Larry carrying a sign that says FOAD*
Old 02-14-2008, 08:22 AM   #64
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:25 AM
i wish they had quit. i suppose that makes me sound like a troll?

well, if i'm serious and the question was serious that makes two seriouses's(s).
Old 02-14-2008, 08:46 AM   #65
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 08:25 AM
Re release JT
Old 02-14-2008, 03:33 PM   #66
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:25 AM
I think they probably went in roughly the right direction. I just wish the songs and production had been better.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:34 PM   #67
The Fly

Local Time: 03:25 PM
Quote:
They should have said "Fuck the critics!" just like Led Zeppelin did back in the 70s.

Led Zeppelin III were critized a lot by the "critics", and after that they released an album without names, without any letter on the front and back cover, that's a geniune rock move !

How I wish U2 would do something like that, especially now, because they own more money than 99,9% of bands of this planet. They shouldn't care about iPod, hit singles, grammies, MTV, etc, they just should do like Radiohead

... but no ... U2 would never dare to do that. It will be the same rotten story again, you know, cheap claims "Edge is On Fire", "Our Best Album", "Best collection of songs ever created", etc, etc, fake "lost tapes" stories, etc. More and more publicity, the first single played to death on radio and TV, the album containing 11 songs sounding just as U2, the band featured on the cover, etc. The same old song
Do you blame America? I do.