What do you think of WGRYWH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeffo17

Acrobat
I just wanted to know what peoples opinion of the song "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses"?

Is it a song a lot of U2 fans like?? I haven't heard it live what do you guys think?

I dont think the song is that great. I think its pretty overrated here. Some of Bono's facial expressions in the video are pretty sweet though:drool:

I had a phenomenal collection of different versions, live,
studio, etc.. at one time. :drool:
Then crash, with no warning, no back up. :sad:
Listen to AB at work today and kept pausing it on WGRYWH's if someone walked into my office, because I didn't want to miss anything.
I do things like that. :wink:

amazing.. such raw power that's incredible

and the fact that's the only real STEREO song in any U2 album (or any album I own ever) makes it even better... no, no more than the real thing...

it's beautiful

go listen to the ZooTV opening and don't tell me that song (and that performance) is bad... that Edge solo :drool:

my first impression back in 1991: weakest (but not bad!) track on AB... after all the years its still a great song...i love the distorted guitar sound at the beginning :up:

Achtung Baby is my favourite album of all time, since the day it was released!
However I was always somewhat disapointed by WGRYWH. I was absolutely gutted when it was released as a single ahead of my choices, So Cruel or UTEOTW.
I never hated it but only really began to love it after hearing it live on the Vertigo tour. Now I love it a lot more, but it's still one of my least played U2 songs.

I've always liked the feel of the album version much more than the single version, it's so much moodier and dark. Great song, really good example of the overall sonic feeling of Achtung Baby, very sweeping and ambient. Everyone should take the time to check out some of the earliest jams on this song from the Hansa sessions that are available. They have a very special, magical sort of feeling that the band has mentioned not being able to replicate fully on the final recording, which I find very interesting.

I used to have a like-dislike opinion of it , like the band , but when I started to hear the live electric versions of Zoo and Vertigo , the distorted guitar intro , Edge singing , the solo , It's An Amazing tune

I have come to love this song, but it took me a while to appreciate it. Hearing it live in Honolulu in December ( impromtu fan performance on keyboards) made me LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

There's just something about hearing these songs live that changes them. Makes them more alive.

You haven't lived until you hear 50,000 people singing together...

Hey hey sha la la la hey sha LA LA.....

COME ON NOW LOVE .... DON'T YOU LOOK BACK....

LOVE IT!

I love the song, and the 'moody' feeling that hangs around it....

2861U2 said:
Some of Bono's facial expressions in the video are pretty sweet though:drool:
:wink:
bonofwordxm9.gif

Among my top ten u2 songs:reject:

this song and Ultraviolet is what really got me into Achtung Baby when I was 12 years old

Back
Top Bottom