What do you think of WGRYWH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with the band that it's a great idea that they've never truly figured out how to play. I think that leads to some of its appeal, that it's more of a sketch than a whole song.

I think it's OK.

I love the song, but I don't think the lyrics are great. But it's amazing live. Hearing the distorted guitar in Twickenham 2 was unbelievable! Best Vertigo tour moment I experienced.

I think the bridge is mesmerizing. "Ahh the deeper I spin." and "hallelujah, heaven's white rose, the doors you open I just can't close" are some of his best romantic lyrics.

It's one of my least favs on AB. Not crazy about it really all in all :shrug:

Same goes for So Cruel!

Great seed of a song in heavy need of cleaner production and shaving off of some time. It really drags with the bare-bones effort Eno and Lanois threw at it.

I would love to be at a concert were they played this song... Such a great song to sing along too.

I think it's fine the way it is. filled with a lot of emotion (and the lyrics do convey that well). the album, live, or single versions always come through for me when I listen to it.

In all seriousness, i really do like this song.

And I mean the Temple Bar Mix, especially the added acoustic guitar.

The left speaker guitar wasteland Edge lays down in the intro, along with the right speaker strings are a real nice touch. It's a deceptively guitar heavy song, with a sweeping chorus. It's almost romantic, except for the lyric.

I've always dug it. It's minor chord emotions and major chord melody.

Back
Top Bottom