What Do You Make Of Bono's "Avalanche" Prediction Last Year (On This Year's Grammys)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I can't find the interview now, but I remember reading several articles from last year's grammys in which Bono said that it didn't matter that ATYCLB missed the cut-off date for album of the year -- because "NEXT YEAR, WE EXPECT AN AVALANCHE", or words to that effect. Talk about cocky!

Only Bono could say such a thing, and pull it off, as I really do have a feeling that U2 will win a lot of awards this year. And yes, an "avalache" of awards is not out of the question. Obviously, Bono's not that superstitious, as he never seems to be worried about jinxing himself or the band. I guess he believes that we should make things happen, rather than just lettintg things happen to us. And all the more power to him.

It's really quite extraordinary, actually. Pretty much everything U2 had said they wanted to do, they went ahead and did it -- successfully. They wanted to put out an album of singles. So they did that. They wanted to get "hired back" as the "best band in the world", and they went ahead and got the job. They wanted to own the Grammys, and they just might. They seem to be masters at creating their own universe. Me thinks many people could learn a great deal from just this aspect of them, alone. How can people not respect them for it?

Thoughts, questions, comments, cries of outrage all welcome...

------------------
The Tempest

I just want to say "welcome back Michael Griffiths!" My favorite interference poster.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Michael Griffiths:
They seem to be masters at creating their own universe. Me thinks many people could learn a great deal from just this aspect of them, alone. How can people not respect them for it?

I agree, Michael. It's just like that favorite line of mine from Rob Brezny, The world is conspiring to shower you with blessings and you can have anything you want if you only ask for it in an unselfish tone of voice. Bono is pround and bold but he is not selfish. They set a very good example of how to live your life unselfishly and still have everything you ever wanted.

------------------
We plants are happy plants.

[This message has been edited by Calluna (edited 01-25-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom