What do people think the bands reaction to all this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
I imagine they're not happy. But it's not as if Bono can wave his hand and fix the glitches. And I doubt they're sitting at a table looking over piles of cash, giggling and wringing their hands saying "Ha! we pulled a nice fast one on the people who buy ALL OUR RECORDS". They must realise this could destroy the bands core fanbase and credibility forever. What they do in the next few day will tell the rest of the story.

I couldn't have said it better myself Brau. I really wish eveyone would realize this.

I'm sure Bono and the rest of the band are not happy to see the way things have gone but what can they do?

MrBrau1 said:
I recognise all of you. Where did all these other people come from? The ones making the most noise?
I was thinking the same thing, actually. I don't recognise any of the people who have been very vocal or poignant in their posts in these threads.

Because we are the reasonable ones that have been here before everyone suddenly joined hoping to get perfect seats to a U2 show. Whatever happened to all the super happy U2 fans with the "a live U2 show is an amazing priceless spritual experience" attitude. Well, I am one of those people, but I rememebr when there used to be a whole lot more of them.

I totally agree. That's why I keep saying that we cannot blame the band for the ticket problems that occurred today.

I agree Mr. Brau. Knowing U2 and their relationship with their fans, I think (if they're aware of what happened) that they're not happy and they may try to do something to help repair the damage done. Of course, that's all if they are told what really happened...
Time will tell...

I'm sure they aren't happy but lets be real about this if we don't buy them someone else will. I am sure what is keeping us all ranting on this board for an entire afternoon has caused them what 1/2 hour of distress. We are the ones who lost here, not them. I am not really caring about what the band feels.

This is a multi-billion dollar band going on a multi-billion dollar tour you would think some one some where could have made sure this shit ran smoothly. We had problems from day one with U2.com and now there were problems with ticketmaster (which is not a frequent thing even for them). Some one didn't live up to the job some where and we the Fans are paying for that.

Do U2 and their people look at websites though?

When it was rumoured Adam was near the tsunami zone it was ages before U2.com came out and clarified that Adam wasn't "affected'.

With all the tour delay goss, again it was ages before Paul McGuinness came out and said the tour announcement was delayed.

Fake Edge? Yeah, whatever.

I really don't believe U2 and Co pay much attention to the internet.

What is it, like 16 US shows? With approx. 1,700 GA seats for each show? That's 27,200 GA seats. According to a post I read about TM rules regarding artist presales, U2 can only make 10% available, that knocks it down to 2,720 GA seats. Some of which Paul M said were going to radio give aways, say 10%. That leaves 2,448 seats for the presale, or 153 per show.

I really think the band is as pissed as we all our, at least at some point

they realize their job is to entertain the fans and make them enjoy themselves and have a good time, and right now, all this shiz going on is preventing them from that goal. Yes, this is a business to make money and they are already rich, but I doubt that they would want to deliberately want these troubles to ensue or prices to be skyhigh

at least i hope they don't:sad:

LemonMacPhisto said:
At least i hope they don't:sad:

Me, too. Frankly, I'm hoping that U2 will get a wakeup call as to how these people working for them are running things and make some serious changes. U2.com/TM/whoever the heck else weren't prepared for the demand, and they screwed up - BIG TIME.

However, I just don't want to believe that the 4 guys themselves (Bono, Adam, Edge, Larry) somehow did this on purpose or that there's some mass conspiracy going on involving them directly. I just refuse to believe that at this point time. Maybe I'm just a blind U2 fan and that's why I refuse to believe it. lol. Then again, if nothing happens in the next few days (no word from them, or they don't acknowledge that this has even happened to their fans...), then I'll be gutted.

Last edited:
I'm not mad at the band... A little amused by the whole situation, actually. The logistics involved with pre-sales and the fact Ticketmaster with their goofy rep was involved, can't say I was surprised. With that said, do people really think this situation is as bad as a lot of today's posters make it out to be?

Sort of glad I didn't get the membership and go through the hassle...

In some sense, I would blame the band but shit happens and it's just one of a couple of head-scratching moments concerning U2, during this past year.

Last edited:
Nerfherder said:

Me, too. Frankly, I'm hoping that U2 will get a wakeup call as to how these people working for them are running things and make some serious changes. U2.com/TM/whoever the heck else weren't prepared for the demand, and they screwed up - BIG TIME.

However, I just don't want to believe that the 4 guys themselves (Bono, Adam, Edge, Larry) somehow did this on purpose or that there's some mass conspiracy going on involving them directly. I just refuse to believe that at this point time. Maybe I'm just a blind U2 fan and that's why I refuse to believe it. lol. Then again, if nothing happens in the next few days (no word from them, or they don't acknowledge that this has even happened to their fans...), then I'll be gutted.

You're not a blind-faith fan. There's no conspiracy to rip-off real fans. The whole thing "screwed the pooch" today, that's all. Plenty of people who paid $40 to U2.com for a presale got tickets. And I think they'll fix it so the rest can get tix as well. Maybe not $50 GA seats, but seats.

The pre-sale didn't really work for me either, but it's still not nearly as bad as some people make it out to be.

ITS A BIG CONSPIRICY! U2 JUST WANT TO SUCK US DRY OF EVERY PENNY!!! MUHAHAHAHAH!

Flying FuManchu said:
I'm not mad at the band... A little amused by the whole situation, actually. The logistics involved with pre-sales and the fact Ticketmaster with their goofy rep was involved, can't say I was surprised. With that said, do people really think this situation is as bad as a lot of today's posters make it out to be?

Sort of glad I didn't get the membership and go through the hassle...

In some sense, I would blame the band but shit happens and it's just one of a couple of head-scratching moments concerning U2, during this paste year.

Same thing happened in 01. U2.com members had a presale. Complete CLUSTERFUCK. Now they've taken $40 from people, they HAVE to fix it somehow.

I don't really care their reaction right now. See most recent journal entry.

Lancemc said:
The pre-sale didn't really work for me either, but it's still not nearly as bad as some people make it out to be.

ITS A BIG CONSPIRICY! U2 JUST WANT TO SUCK US DRY OF EVERY PENNY!!! MUHAHAHAHAH!

Did you get tix? My friend got 2 at MSG and one San Diego using the code. He's pretty happy. I'm saving my code for a possible Hartford show. Get your's reset for the 3rd leg.

To be honest, I stayed home today to do the pre-sale and got shit. I was dissappointed but I'm not one to overract. But, later on when I was out, my father tried again, and lucked out with two mezzanine tickets for 110 a piece. He bought them for me, and it was a real nice surprise. So, I guess I was a bit more lucky than most other people here, but I still think they are overracting.

Back
Top Bottom