What do people think the bands reaction to all this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is a recognition of the problems experienced which they hope have now resolved -

"Thanks to everyone who took part in our first U2.Com ticket presale for the European and North American 'Vertigo Tour'.

We know that subscribers experienced difficulties buying their tickets and we're pleased that those problems are now being ironed out.

Most of you have now be able to book tickets for these shows and we appreciate your messages of thanks and support. Sorry that demand exceeded supply for Madison Square Garden NY and Wachovia Centre, Philadelphia shows. We went way over the original allocation.

We really appreciate your patience as this is the first time we've attempted an online presale. New technology ­ including U2.Com - helps us stay in touch with you but also reveals its drawbacks when everyone tries to do the same thing at once.

Don't forget, if you have a subscriber code it will still be honoured when the band plays more dates. There will be more tickets for U2.Com subscribers.

We are very aware that some people seem to have abused the system to scalp on Ebay or similar sites. We are currently looking into the possibility of identifying these people and withdrawing their tickets. Any help you can give us on this would be gratefully received.

Remember that your subscription to U2.Com gives you much more than access to the presale - not least the fact that you can watch on demand every video
the band have made and listen to every track on every album, every b-side on
every single!

Right now you can check the band taking you through 'How To Dismantle An
Atomic Bomb' track-by-track, watch the 'Making Of Vertigo' documentary, read the new Jacknife Lee profile and catch Phil Joanou's 'All Because of You' video ... there's lots more on the way. "

What more can U2.com/ticketmaster do or say on top of what McGuiness and Ticketmaster already apologising? Sometimes shit happens which is all part of life. No one particular person or organisation can be blamed - rather a combination of all parties involved, including fans (high demand, high expectations etc).

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What do people think the bands reaction to all this is?

MalahideChick said:

Well his hearing can't have been that good because there was no Irish woman there.

I did not deny Bono was stern. In fact he was aggressive, rude, and patronising. What I objected to in your original post was your support for Bono's behaviour. He was in the wrong. Those girls were not asking for an apology, they were simply wanting to know whether they, as fans, were no longer valued by the band. They got their answer loud and clear.

And it's the answer we're ALL getting this week. Just look at u2log today. There is a revolt in the air.

Oh brother. Bono was not wrong.

Furthurmore, there's no revolt in the air, nor will U2 suffer overly for this w/any real negative consquences.

This too shall pass, and if it doesnt pass for some -then those fans have a decision to make, now don't they?:hmm:

That said, I placed a call into my friend Shane and I will get the precise story as he remembers it, re Bono rebuking the carping lady and the LA twins.

I spoke to the LA twins a few months after the original event and heard their version, and they don't think Bono was really wrong, in his remarks to them.

MalahideChick- I see you're from Ireland according to your profile, and you claimed to have been at this event w my friend Shane, were you the interrupting woman?:wink:

Please clarify for all of us, thanls.:)

peace
out

db9

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What do people think the bands reaction to all this is?

diamond said:

Oh brother. Bono was not wrong.

I spoke to the LA twins a few months after the original event and heard their version, and they don't think Bono was really wrong, in his remarks to them.

Yes the LA twins accepted Bono's "explanation". It's understandable given this was their first tour and their first shows. And when something has just happened to you the one time you tend to be a bit more forgiving and accepting of the excuses. But those who, let's say, have been around the block a bit with U2 knew that this wasn't the first, or the last time, the band had shat on their fans.

What happened on the day of Boston 2 was merely the apotheosis of what had been happening all tour, and what continued to happen in fact, with the GA lines. To put it simply there was a deliberate attempt by the band to make sure that those at the back of the GA lines got in first at *every* show.

If you think that Bono is right to deny people who've lined up, in some cases for 24 hours, first entry into the venue then that's your prerogative. Personally I think it shows blatant disrespect.

jick said:
What a lame excuse and apology by U2.com. I don't think that quite cuts it.

Cheers,

J

i agree but then again what would cut it?? short of Bono himsefl coming round to my house expressing his sheer despair at events and apologising profusely while offering me front row tickets to any concert i wanted and the chance to get up on stage, i dont know if anything they said would satisfy some of the anger people are feeling here :shrug:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What do people think the bands reaction to all this is?

MalahideChick said:

If you think that Bono is right to deny people who've lined up, in some cases for 24 hours, first entry into the venue then that's your prerogative. Personally I think it shows blatant disrespect.

Well than you have a decision to make.:wink:

Spoke with Shane and he said the twins were embarrassed that they sat down during the protest. Initially they didn't want to, but succumbed to peer pressue in the heart and realized their folly later.

I been a fan since 1980 and attended shows since the War tour and do not think it so big of a sin.:huh: Nor do most of the fan base.

peace-
db9

Back
Top Bottom