What do people see in this band??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popkidu2

War Child
I just watched Creed on SNL....

I just don't see it...I really don't.

If you're a Creed fan, what do you see in them....b/c I'm still trying to understand why they've become so popular......

honest question....not trying to flame anyone, just intersted in why people like their music.

------------------
And I feel like I'm slowly slowly slowly slipping under.

And I feel like I'm holding onto nothing.

ADAM (talking about Elevation):
"I like it, it's very hard to play live...(starts smiling) I don't understand what it's about, it's good."

Creed is drgnwolf1969's fave band. U2 is his second fave.

Ah, but I'm still gonna marry him...*lol*...he's too cute to resist!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
I do believe popsicle its because those fans dont realize that Pearl Jam already exists in a much greater form.

Creed Schmeed

Heh heh...

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

Originally posted by popkidu2:
I just watched Creed on SNL....

I just don't see it...I really don't.

If you're a Creed fan, what do you see in them....b/c I'm still trying to understand why they've become so popular......

honest question....not trying to flame anyone, just intersted in why people like their music.

why do you care?

------------------
The numeral 7

I'm sorry but the second song they performed on SNL was just absolutely terrible. The first song (the new single) wasn't any good either, but the second one was the biggest piece of crap i've ever heard. Sorry to anyone who likes them, but i think that they just suck. i really hate it when bands/lead singers TRY to look cool when they perform (like creed/scott stapp), cause it makes them look like a bunch of idiots. the great thing about u2/bono is that they don't even try very hard, but they just look so damn cool when they perform....just my 2 cents. feel free to give me shit or even agree with me

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

Originally posted by Se7en:
why do you care?

I'm just curious. I just don't hear "it" when I listen to them. I can usually appreciate some portion of a band's music whether or not I actually like them. I just don't hear anything when I hear them, and I'm curious what draws people to be fans of them.

To each their own I guess...just wondering what makes people a fan of Creed.....

------------------
And I feel like I'm slowly slowly slowly slipping under.

And I feel like I'm holding onto nothing.

ADAM (talking about Elevation):
"I like it, it's very hard to play live...(starts smiling) I don't understand what it's about, it's good."

I didnt say Creed sound like Pearl Jam.

IMO, Creed are trying to rip them off. If you had read my comment preoperly, you would have realized I was not paying Creed a compliment.

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
I I was not paying Creed a compliment.

no kidding....

so i guess if they ARE trying to rip them off they're doing an absolutely horrible job...especially since they don't even sound similar...

------------------
The numeral 7

Originally posted by U2One:
I'm sorry but the second song they performed on SNL was just absolutely terrible. The first song (the new single) wasn't any good either, but the second one was the biggest piece of crap that i have ever herad. i really hate it when bands/lead singers TRY to look cool when they perform (like creed/scott stapp), cause it makes them look like a bunch of idiots. the great thing about u2/bono is that they don't even try very hard, but they just look so damn cool when they perform....just my 2 cents. feel free to give me shit or even agree with me

just because you don't like it doesn't make it crap...your opinion does not dictate fact...

and i would say that U2/Bono tries to look cool....that's my 2 cents...

------------------
The numeral 7

Originally posted by popkidu2:

To each their own I guess...

That's basically what it comes down to. Personally, I like Stapp's lyrics, I like Tremonti's riffs, and the way they pull it off. It's hard to explain, but if the music moves you then so be it. Their music moves me and that's what it's all about. If it doesn't move you...then that's fine.

------------------
The numeral 7

[This message has been edited by Se7en (edited 11-17-2001).]

Oh, boy, I know we are bored and all, but let's not get into a fight over Creed!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I don't really like creed. They don't seem to show very much musical growth between the new single and their last album's worth of stuff... but then again, I haven't really given the new single a good listen... so I it's hard to say...

but on their previous album, they did sound similar to Pearl Jam.

*waits for the flames*

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Oh, boy, I know we are bored and all, but let's not get into a fight over Creed!

rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by J-Tree:

but on their previous album, they did sound similar to Pearl Jam.

someone site an example...because i just don't hear it....

------------------
The numeral 7

someone site an example...because i just don't hear it....

I think it's just in the way Mark Tremonti plays his guitar... the heavy riffs and distortion... but then again, maybe everyone misses how Pearl Jam isn't so "mainstream" anymore, thus the comparisons?!

I think it's just in the way Mark Tremonti plays his guitar... the heavy riffs and distortion...

So Pearly Jam were the first to use heavy riffs and distortion?
wink.gif
So much for the greatness that is Zeppelin. (and they probably weren't even first...but i'd say first successful)
biggrin.gif

------------------
The numeral 7

So Pearly Jam were the first to use heavy riffs and distortion?
wink.gif
So much for the greatness that is Zeppelin.
biggrin.gif

I didn't say that. I mean stylistically, as in how Mark uses his distortion, etc.

Look, I'm no ultra-pro in music history okay. And I can understand why you'd be ticked if someone dissed your favorite band, but don't take it out on me. I didn't diss your band. I'm just trying to explore these ideas.

If you're looking for a vent, let me direct you to your PC's power button.

I didn't say that. I mean stylistically, as in how Mark uses his distortion, etc.

Look, I'm no ultra-pro in music history okay. And I can understand why you'd be ticked if someone dissed your favorite band, but don't take it out on me. I didn't diss your band. I'm just trying to explore these ideas.

If you're looking for a vent, let me direct you to your PC's power button.

Hey relax, I'm not trying to take anything out on you (notice the wink and what not)...sorry if it came across like that...and as a matter of fact U2 is my favorite band...what irony
smile.gif

and besides i use a mac
tongue.gif

------------------
The numeral 7

nor were they shoved down our throats as the best thing since sliced bread...

[This message has been edited by brettig (edited 11-17-2001).]

Creed Blows.

Scott Stapp is an egomaniac who clearly fucks with his voice to sound like Eddie Vedder.

Their music is uninspired, dull and belongs in the catch-all category of Butt-rock.

My 2 cents.

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I'm sorry.
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

yes, my deepest sympathies to you as well...

"what drive is my cd rom again? A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, or X? Oh wait, I have a Mac. The cd is right there on the desktop."
biggrin.gif

------------------
The numeral 7

Back
Top Bottom