What do all U2 fans think of WELSH bands etc?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

welshigirl

The Fly
Just out of curiosity what do ya all think of them?

Personally I love Catatonia and Manics
tongue.gif

------------------
Blood Group...U2 POSITIVE

I like the Manics.
Hey, welshigirl! Do you know Gorky's Zygotic Mynci (hope I spell this right)? I read about them and wonder, if there is anyone who actually knows them!

------------------
Take the money and run

I think Stereophonics is the second best band in the world and they are from South Wales
smile.gif
Great music, melodies, lyrics and a cool frontman.

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

I'm going to visit Wales this summer and I'm so excited...

but to be honest, I don't really know any Welsh bands, at least, I've heard of the well-known ones but don't know their music...maybe I should look into it before I go!

------------------
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill
We see the sun go down in your eyes

The Manic Street Preachers are the best band ever to have come from Wales. I'm a huge fan - got all the albums.
If there are any Americans or anyone else for that matter who are not aware of this band (they have never had any success in the US) then buy their 3 masterworks now:

Generation Terrorists
Mega 18-song debut of seething, trashy punk rock 'n' roll. The best post-punk album ever!!! I guarantee you will love Motorcycle Emptiness

The Holy Bible
If you like In Utero by Nirvana you will absolutely love this. Except be warned - this is even more disturbing. This was the album released just before Richey James disappeared and his shocking lyrical expressions of despair drive the album's fast, heavy punk metal sound. It is the sound of a band plunging into chaos. It is undoubtedly the most disturbing and depressing album ever made. The themes range from general despair to the holocaust, prostitution, serial killers, anorexia and imminent death. The best song is Die in the Summertime.

Everything Must Go
Reduced to 3 members with Richey still unsolved disappearance, the Manics decided to make a more reflective and gentle indie-rock driven album and it worked. This is one of the best albums of its genre. Mike Hedges production is fantastic and the three members musicianship is also great. John Lennon would be proud of many of these songs.

yep you do that I am sure you'll love our music!

WELSH MUSIC ROCKS
wink.gif

------------------
Blood Group...U2 POSITIVE

Back
Top Bottom