What did you think when you first heard... Vertigo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I first heard "Vertigo", I immediately thought of "The Fly". That song is just as strange of a melody, and it took me a while to get used to it....and LIKE it !!

ElectricalVoice said:
I was jumping up and down and dancing across the floor like a complete idiot.

:wink:

My whole family were doing that! My 5 year old was flashing the lights and we were all rocking all over the livingroom. :rockon: We still tend to do this whenever we hear the song, unless we are in the car, when the children just shout , louder, louder Mummy!:dance:

I loved it from the beginning. I was one of the first to get it, I believe so anyway, that stupid spanish radio stuff always annoyed me because they messed up the ending, but anyway...
I heard it 15 times in a row that evening. Loved it. Still do!

I loved it and still do. Especially the "turn it up loud, Captin" with the Scotty accent. I took it at face value, a no-frills rocker that shouldn't be analyzed too much [eyes some Interference forum members].

I enjoyed it at face value, and still do because of that.

i was speechless while listening to it for 10 hours in a row...and skipped my beauty sleep that night:wink:

When I first heard it in its entirity, I was crying, I was so happy there was a new U2 song to listen to. :wink: I thought the chorus was very cool, so I spent the entire day afterwards walking around the house and saying "Hello hello!" to everyone I came across. Pretty soon, my family started responding with "Hola!"

I was in a bus going to work and the DJ on the pocket radio I was listening to in earphones announced it was going to play Vertigo soon. I was already in the office when it finally played and I remember not getting anything done until I heard it. I had clammy hands and my heart was beating like mad the whole time. Of course, I couldn't scream 'cause the boss was just a cubicle away.

I still love the song but my 6 year old song now thinks "catorse" is what really follows "tres" in the Spanish number order. :)

absolute freakout. i played it on loop for about 2 days. everyone in my house got so sick of it. :wink:

actually i think i overplayed it. still a great song though.

I loved it straight away - very rare for a U2 song - most of them have to grow on me..

Then I got sick of it.

Now I like it again....

I expect to go through the same sequence about 8 times before I see them live

The first few listens blew me away, but after that for the next month or so I thought it was very weak for a first single of a new album and I thought it was just an average song, nothing more. This made me a little apprehensive about the new album.

However after the leak i realized there were atleast 4 tracks better than Vertigo, so my fears were put to rest.

And In the last month or so I have grown to love Vertigo, I think it is an awesome choice for a lead single and it is an amazing rock song. It is one of the best sngs from 2004. It's grown on me big time and i love it!

I still don't think it is as good as Beautiful Day though.....

The first time I heard it, a radio station announced they were going to play the new U2 single, then proceeded to play about 6 times in a row!

Thought it was cool, U2 rocking out!

Go Adam!

I was at work, because that was the first place I learned about it...I couldn't wait until I got home that night. I listened to it on my lunch hour, after first turning the office Muzak off. :wink:

I was stunned. I had read very little advance word about the album deliberately, so I didn't really know what to expect. All I knew was I liked the song a lot on that first listen, and each subsequent listen got me more excited. Suddenly I was counting the days until November with even more anticipation than I had been. I listened to it over and over until my lunch hour ended, and for the rest of the afternoon as I sat my desk, I kept hearing that "Hello, hello (hola!)" in my head. I could barely wait to get home and download it for real, so I could play it any time I wanted.

I really liked it. It's fun and catchy. :dance: :dance: :dance:
Only the problem was it was too short for me.
So, I played it again and again. :wink:

Like some other fans here, I really tought it was a radio edit version. Sadly, it was the REAL version :no:

"Wow, definately not what I expected." In a good way. ;)
"You can actually dance to this!"
"Can't wait for the new album!"

I remember listening to the beach clip over and over again, getting my guitar out to work out exactly what they were playin so i could actually hear what it sounded like properly,

Bit dissapaointed when the REAL version didnt have the "NO ONE GETS HURT" scratch on it,

But it appeared on the video so was well chuffed:lol:

I thought it was amazing when I heard it. Much heavier than U2 in the past. After a million listens to it on Radio and CD I love it even more. It has a looooooong shelf life!

heh, I think it's cool how in the beginning of "I Will Follow" Bono counts to 4 and in "Vertigo" he *attempts* to count to 4, but in Spanish :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom