What did you steal from U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonosSaint

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Not meant to be a thread about how U2 changed your life, brought you back to God or got you through a rough situation--all of which are good topics; however, this is meant to be more playful. Everybody is influenced by their favorite bands either
subtly or blatantly. Many fans take something from the band as a token.

For example:

1. Do you wear shades more?
2. Do you write notes on scattered pieces of paper?
3. Whose attitude did you cop?
4. What cause U2 introduced you to do you work for
as homage to the band?
5. Did you change your dressing style?
6. Did you steal a pickup line?
7. Have you added an idiosyncracy of theirs to your
behavior?
8. Has your language changed.

I wear sunglasses more, been introduced to Irish tea and Guinness and bought a pair of drumsticks (can't play drums).
And although Bono is my favorite, I think Larry is more like me, so I got the Larry glare down pat.

Aardvark747 said:
5. - I bought a flat cap identical to the one Bono wore during the gig with Pavarotti/Edge and Eno.

(sad moron!)::yes:

Been there.

Ha, I stole a few things!

- During the Elevation tour, I wore NOTHING but numbered shirts. I have about seven of them. Here's one, for instance:

photo188.jpg

- I bought a copy Explorer, just because I thought that The Edge looked cool with it.

meversusedge.jpg

- I flash people peace signs at random

- I do The Edge's signature foot stomp when I play guitar live

- I have at least five pairs of sunglasses that I don't even wear. I bought them because they reminded me of Bono shades.

And there's probably more that I'm not even aware of. :lol:

Aardvark747 said:

lol! That's legendary!:wink:

I'm going to have to somehow incorporate his new double-footstomp from the ABOY video into our upcoming talent show. :D

Lol:giggle: again I have to note that, that is the single least manly smilie ever:|

I am now agressive,well not too much, and impolite(not here, in normal life), and acting like i'm cool-like The Fly
I try to imitate Edge while playing guitar and i will have child-molesting moustache like Edge from Pop.
Trying to get 7 shirt.

I do the Edge-footstomp too, it's too cool not to do.

I have a pair of cool orange shades that remind everyone of Bono's popmart look (i'm in the process of convincing my dad to buy D&G's, i told him he could use them too :wink: )

On pretty much every song i write with my band, i have to use delay

You know that thing that Bono does where he grabs the ends of his jacket sleeves because they're too long? yeah i do that too

one day i'm gonna get a cowboy hat

1. Do you wear shades more? I have the fly shades and wear them everywhere

2. Do you write notes on scattered pieces of paper? U2 and larry all over my books

discothequeLP said:
I do the Edge-footstomp too, it's too cool not to do.

I 'footstomp' my way through playing guitar mainly to keep time...I'd like to think The Edge stole it from me :wink: since I don't REALLY go about doing things my favourite bands do or looking like them, but I do notice myself doing it a lot more since seeing 'U2 go home' which is quite worrying...but it's GREAT...my brother decided I have long hair simply to look like Pink Floyd's David Gilmour, which is not true [need a beard] but enough to make me think before putting on a Number Seven shirt if that's the kind of reaction I'll get...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom