What did you steal from U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I sometimes think I am the coolest man in the world (yes, ego....)

so I guess I steal Bono's confidence and basically Adam's personality. :wink:

that was a joke, but I do wear shades a lot. Got some real cool orange ones like Bono from Popmart.

Pero said:
I try to imitate Edge while playing guitar and i will have child-molesting moustache like Edge from Pop.

:lol: nice. child-molesting moustache.

Well apparently I've stolen Bono's hand gestures... I was talking to one of my friends about something or other, and she was like "Wow, you looked just like Bono doing that." I had no clue what she was talking about so I was like "What?" and she said, "Well I saw this show on MTV this morning and Bono was on it and he was talking and doing the exact same hand gestures as you." Of course I DO act like Bono whenever Vertigo comes on (I even choked my friend during the "no one gets hurt" line on the bus, a la the HQ vid...scared the poor kid to death), but the everyday hand gestures were totally unintentional...I never even notice that I do them.

Let's see, what else... I do have Bono sleeves, but that's prolly just because I'm short. I also have a leather jacket but it's not much like any of Bono's unfortunatley, it's more of a biker-type jacket. I bought a pair of $12 purple sunglasses that looked like Bono's elevation ones and called them by "sexifying Bono shades." Unfortunatley the broke like the next day, so much for that... I've had people say I look like I could be Bono's daughter (which is rather creepy, considering...). My hair is basically the same length and colour as his right now but that's not really intentional...

I try to do Edge-ish stuff with guitar...harmonics, parts on the high strings...and I say "FOAD" :D

I have a black denim jacket with the US flag lining. Bought it just because it looked like the Elevation leather jacket Bono wore.

Have Bono shades, use alot of the language I've heard them use not for any particular reason other than I thought the way they said certain things were funny when Larry used wanker in an interview,
Bono's "extraordinary" because I've heard it so much
and I love to throw out lines from all their songs, Mostly to people who don't know any better so it's really my own inside joke. not as sad as it sounds - I just like being silly. :giggle:

when i was younger i grew my hair long because i liked when bono had his hair long but mine didn't look like his so i gave up.

Hey GibsonGirl do you do the Mysterious Ways foot thing across the stage too?

The only thing I try to incorporate from U2 is to write inspirational songs, to someday CHANGE THE WORLD!

hmmmm well i gotta say that i stole sunglasses, peace signs and leather from bono

but edge stole his love for fender telecasters off me :D

im buying a gibson explorer 2, so ill steal that off edge

i think his foot stomp thing is goofy but cool in a goofy kinda way lol

david said:
when i was younger i grew my hair long because i liked when bono had his hair long but mine didn't look like his so i gave up.

I always had longish hair but when Bono started growing his around the Self Aid & Conspiracy of Hope tours I done the same.
I still have the same haircut although a wee bit thinner :angry:

Things I've inherited from U2:
- Adam's purple glasses ATYCLB-era. I have a pair of purple tinted drill-mounts; they own! :adam:
- The Edge's studded jeans from ATYCLB

That's about it....

• blue sunglasses that I call my Bono shades
  • a green camoflague Bono hat
  • a Make Poverty History band
  • a U2 iPod
  • I sign like everything "In the Name of Love"

guess what i stole!!

34333%3A3923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2334%3D539%3D%3A%3B4%3DXROQDF%3E2323572399232ot1lsi

I too am guilty of the sunglasses thing, I even made my husband buy some knockoff D&G's so he would look more Bono-esque.
My kitchen theme is lemons.
I once decorated our Christmas tree with mini discoballs and fake lemons.
Whenever I think something is cool I say "Rock Star Poses" stolen from the commentary on the Boston DVD.
I buy “Vox” vodka.
I’m sure there are more things, but I just can’t think of any right now (or maybe I don't want to admit to them)
:wink:

Aside from the camo patterns, I've taken to wearing cargo pants more, not quite stealing Adam's style, I'm borrowing some of his ideas. ;)

I find the cargo pants much more comfortable than jeans.

Back
Top Bottom