What country has the BEST U2 fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm from Canada so of course this is gonna be biased but Canada has pretty good fans don't we? Isn't Montreal supposedly the best as far as fans go at the shows? Oh and I swear when i sw the band on the Elevation tour in Calgary at the end of Bullet the Blue Sky Bono said somthing like this

"Outside of America it's better, it's Canada"

Can anyone confirm this for me?

Last edited:
who_cares-coleman.jpg

I gotta go with Ireland, and I'm a proud American.

Don't let some people on these boards make US U2 fans look bad (nor that Chicago DVD) but here in Boston we've got plenty of great U2 fans, and you can tell U2 love to play here, maybe we get along so well because of all the Irish influence...it all comes back to why I think Ireland have the best fans.

Not to sound biased to the Canadian who thinks Bono prefers Canada, but what two countries does he live in? Ireland and the USA (in New York...where COBL comes from)

Why is this thread still open? We totally answered this question correctly in the very first post.

Chizip said:
I'm gonna say America.

It should have been closed right there. Everyone who disagrees with Chizip is just delusional. I mean, seriously, when has Chiz EVER been wrong? :shrug:

obviously, japanese fans are the best
everyone is huge in Japan

even I'm famous in japan

^ It doesn't matter anymore since i started the Holy Irish Empire:wink:

VertigoGal said:
I posted that on your behalf. :heart: :sad:

And we love you for it, when the time comes, you shall be seated at my right hand:cool:

LJT said:
^ It doesn't matter anymore since i started the Holy Irish Empire:wink:

Your "empire" is neither Holy nor Irish nor even an Empire. :tsk:

yertle-the-turtle said:
Scotland isn't a country. It is a dominion of Great Britain.

Wooo, I wouldn't like to be in your shoes right now! Prepare to get flamed!!:wink:

Of course you're right, but you try telling a Scotsman/woman that and you'd better duck!! Friendly warning!!! :uhoh:

Well I won't flame anyone, but Scotland isn't part of Great Britain, it's part of the UK. Great Britain is also a part of the UK, England just has way too many names.

Chizip said:
well U2 enjoys playing in America so much that they play far more shows there than any other country

Plus americans buy far more U2 cd's than any other country, thus in my opinion America is #1 in U2 fandom

Can you elaborate that with audience numbers per show and per inhabitant cd selling wise?

The country i live in probably has less ppl than the city of New York alone, but sells out at least 3 50.000 fan shows, and that's only because they didn't have time for more shows.

Hey! Scotland IS a country cos i say so! And if it wasn't, then howcome it has the official title of best smallest country in the world!? Which is totaly true! :yes: :love:

Last edited:
this whole thread was in jest and anyone that took it seriously should be ashamed of yourselves :wink:

Back
Top Bottom