What country has the BEST U2 fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chizip said:
Plus Bono has written 2 songs with the titles of American cities, New York and Miami, what other countries has he done this for? None.

They almost named the Joshua Tree the Two Americas. And Ratte and Hum is a tribute to America.

And yet on the two albums you name, there are songs named after a prominent New Zealand landmark and Australia's largest offshore island.

Everyone here knows that Americans are far superior to the rest of the world in ever single conceivable way, so of course we are the best fans... we are the best everything! :rockon:

Oh yeah.... :wink:

Now that we've determined what country has the best U2 fans, let's determine what state has the BEST U2 fans

I'm gonna say Missouri

To be honest, the only thing that has been well proven in this thread is that Bono is a whore.

Chizip said:
Now that we've determined what country has the best U2 fans, let's determine what state has the BEST U2 fans

I'm gonna say Missouri

The biggest U2 fans seem to be around Washington, DC.

u2granny said:
If crowd volume has anything to do with it I would have to say the southern hemisphere wins.

And if per capita attendance for a population outside of Ireland has anything to do with it, New Zealand wins. 1 in 10 Cantabrians attended Lovetown Christchurch. :drool:

What country has the BEST U2 Fans?

Last time I checked "Best" doesn't mean who "Spends the most money".

So far I can tell of the American U2 fans on this post the Americans at least, are incredibly arrogant. So that already loses points for being the best. I would hope that the Americans on this POST (as many Americans on this message board have been very nice!) wouldn't reinforce the stereotype but I can already see some are!

Look for which countries U2 have gone #1 in. That will prove MUCH more than money.

I know tonnes of kids that buy shirts of bands(more than I have ever bought) and don't even know half of the bands albums, or if the band only has a few albums, they only know like 3 songs. Money is almost useless to determine which country has the BEST fans. Most fans, probably America(Being the 3rd largest Nation in the world will help you do that, and the largest that isn't somewhat screwed up (China and India aren't exactly INTO Western rock bands...).

I say Canada! Look at all the #1 hits they've had here! :D And we are friendly too! Just my opinion :wink:

But hell... I know U2 loves America. I even love America. They definately got the better part of the Continent. Just when Canada goes to say "Well we have Tundra (well... who would want Tundra anyway and you could argue North Dakota is Tundra LoL) and you guys don't!" America goes back in time and buys freekin Alaska. Just wish I didn't have lots of bad expierences with Americans in person. Maybe I will move there one day. Just to see U2 and live in the tropics.

Last edited:
South Africa obviously has the best U2 fans. U2 just haven't figured that out yet. :angry:

Chizip said:

He does

"America is my favorite country ever" -Bono 1997

He went to South America after that, so he changed his opinion on 1998. :wink:

Has anyone said Ireland yet? I'd expect U2's homeland to be pretty rabid supporters of Bono and company. I mean, that Slane crowd in the DVD were pretty into it...

Back
Top Bottom