What Concert Are You MOST Embarrassed To Admit You've Gone To?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Me-Rod Stewart!!

*runs and hides*

I took my Mother because she went through a lil' Rod Stewart phase-thankfully, she's over it now.
wink.gif
He actually put on a 1/2 decent show.

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Rod Stewart isnt that bad. I dont like him but I dont think that all that embarrassing.

I think I have everyone topped and I laugh and I'am embarrassed about it to this day (although snutes I think you are close with yours also).

During my early college years I saw Milli Vanilli. NO, I didnt like them at all at the time (I was a U2 fan even then). But a girl I was dating wanted to go so I took her. The things you do for love. We broke up about a month later. I guess I should have known it wouldnt work out based on her taste in music!

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 12-07-2001).]

New Kids on the Block!! Twice!

I had a thing for Jordan and that batman shirt...lol

------------------
God has got his phone off the hook, babe...Would he even pick up if he could?

I saw New Kids On The Block twice. It was Donnies 21 b-day and we had to hear a lecture on how he was not going to drink alcohol just because he was 21. I think two months later he was arrested for setting the hotel on fire while he was drunk....

OK-I NEVER saw NKOTB-but you all have inspired me to remember and confess another one.

Please forgive me
wink.gif
I was just a kid-Rick Springfield!!

Good Lord-this MUST be the worst
redface.gif

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

I saw Three Dog Night in 1996, which I'm sure was worse than seeing them in the 70's. I also went to see Carmen (Christian artist). Terrible! BTW, both concerts were free (thankfully).

------------------
Looking for U2 bootlegs?
www.geocities.com/u2trades

Well that would be two fold. Then and Now
If you promise not to tell anyone,
Now would be taking my 7 year old daughter to see BSB and NSYNC(had to veto Britney I just couldn't bring myself) She knows all their songs I tell you they start young nowadays. She asked to go to U2 but that is where I had to draw the line - I'm far too self absorbed at a U2 concert to take her. I'd lose her for sure!

Then would be - sshhhh I have to whisper it - New Order( I know not that bad but it's techno pop rubbish don't you know) - actually I could say that I didn't go see them but I went to see Paul Young - humina humina and PIL - cause Johnny Lydon is just feckin hilarious.

Rock on. And if you tell anyone I'll hunt you and well....I have to find a stick but if and when I do...
biggrin.gif

Reel Big Fish. Ewwwwwwwww cheap OC trash ska. I feel so dirty. THE DIRT'S NOT COMING OFF!!! AHHHHHHHHH!

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~kljense3/MrTvs.html

No contest, I win: The Freebirds (wrestlers trying to sing). There were about 10 of us there. I know, most of you won't get it.......

New Kids on the Block

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Third Eye Blind in 2000.

*blech*

A coworker won free tickets from the radio and needed someone to go with. Turns out we were like the only ones there over 20, I think. Mostly an Abercrombie&Fitch, preppy, white-kid, wanna-be-cool crowd. And whats-his-name the lead singer has an ego twice the size of any normal human. A truly awful concert experience.

-sula

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
CREED 1997

* stabs herself with fork

You win!!lol
biggrin.gif

Ok, well I kinda pride myself on my good taste in music, and I have been to a lot of concerts, but you know, I am not really embarrassed of any. You will probably all laugh when I tell you what my most embarrassing concert was, but it was great and if only he would tour again... lol

George Michael 1992 Cover to Cover tour. (Damn! I missed the Faith Tour in '88.
frown.gif
blah)

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

My first concert when I was 9 years old, I even remember the exact date:

November 19, 1989

New Kids on the Block!

I had this weird thing for Donny...

------------------
Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly

Probably have to go with Simon & Garfunkel...not that they are that bad, but quite low key for my normal taste. A friend's fiancee backed out last minute, so I filled in. A sit down show the whole way.

some mtv tour when i was in eighth grade or something. it was gerardo (rico suave), color me bad and a bunch of other dorks. i thought i was so cool.

Blue Oyster Cult
Pat Travers
and some other horrible metal wannabes at the Jack Murphy Stadium in San Diego. Low-life boyfriends are not all they're cracked up to be. It was the 70s, and I was young.

The Knack opening for Boston comes in a close second.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

I don't know if you remember this one:
Shakin' Stevens
(twice!)

***blushes***

------------------
Under pressure, but not bent out of shape

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one is watching

KISS in 2000 (I just went as a favor to a friend- I didn't have to pay for the $100 ticket, thank God.)

And I admit that back in the early 90s I REALLY wanted to go to a New Kids on the Block concert. A bunch of my friends went- it was sad. But at least I don't have to admit actually going now!

Oh my goodness...

MC Hammer with En Vogue
Vanilla Ice
The Cult (YAY) but they were with Whitesnake

what was i thinking?

I saw an 80's band reunion concert (and I use that term loosely) about 3 years ago in a small park in Van Nuys, California. The two bands: Modern English ("Melt With You") and Dale Bozio of Missing Persons.

The concert was free, took place on a lazy Sunday afternoon and about 200 people showed up. The crowd was mixed: families with little ones running around.. sitting side by side with left over punk rockers. Modern English actually played new songs they had written and I am here to say they were totally unremarkable.

The funniest thing was that the singer for Modern English was doing his best Mick Jagger impersonation (you know, bratty rock star) and trying to get the crowd in the "pit" (heheh) to dance but there was no alcohol being served so he didn't have much success.

Jaysus, how the "mighty" have fallen..lol.

First concert I ever saw: Bon Jovi on his Livin' on a Prayer tour (or whatever it was called)...

opening band: good Lord my memory is failing me but it was that band fronted by that very sexy man, Sebastien Bach (whatever happened to them?)

Skid Row, that's it!!

Back
Top Bottom