What Concert Are You MOST Embarrassed To Admit You've Gone To?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah...memories.

Any concert seen at Worlds of Fun(a local amusment park) probably counts as awful. Donny and Marie--wow!
icon35.gif

Some concert as Silver Dollar City(an even cheesier theme park near Branson) was even worse. Some guy was playing the spoons...and it wasn't the guy who did the Soundgarden video!
icon33.gif

And for the several people who have seen a Carman concert... I feel your pain! I have never been to one of his concerts, but his music is so awful that I have to turn the station when I hear it!
icon21.gif

------------------
...Edge is not of our planet, Larry is a warrior, Adam has seen things that we may never dream of and whatever you do, don't get in a car with Bono.

--Danny Eccleston, from the Elevation tour book

Like a lot of others who have posted,
New Kids on the Block! I was young!! LOL
I saw them twice when I lived in Florida. Oh, I have also seen Paula Abdul with Color Me Badd and I think that's it!

Don't hate me!!

I've seen the light! U2 rocks!

New Kids On the Block when they tried to make a comeback in 1994, and thought they could fool the general public into thinking they were a different group if they only called themselves NKOTB. I think the tour and album was called "Face the Music" You can't buy the album anywhere, it was yanked off the shelves it was so bad, and they only did like three or four shows, but I saw one! HAHAHA!

*Runs Away*

------------------
It's fascinating to think that all around us there's an invisible world we can't even see. I'm speaking, of course, of the World of the Invisible Scary Skeletons.

Wow, there's a lot to compete with here, but here goes:

I went to see Keanu Reeves' band Dogstar. He obviously hadn't bathed in several days, and they weren't very good. I stood right at the rail in front of him; he stared at his bass or at the floor most of the time. But, I paid ten whole dollars to stand 10 feet from Keanu for two hours!!
wink.gif

--
Yes, If I know the truth about you...

savage garden...a girl bought the tickets.

But to the guys those two hours were well worth it......

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

HelloAngel wins for Michael Bolton!!!!!
bwahahahahahaha!

Danospano..your from ha!
biggrin.gif

Ok so I got Young Talent Time and on 3 occassions, thankfully only the Aussies will know how tragic I am.

I saw Kylie Minogue on her first ever tour when Locomotion came out.

Mister Mister (April 1986). They did that stupid "Broken Wings" song twice, to standing ovation.

Not to be too defensive, but i only did it because this girl i was in love with asked me on a date (though finding out her musical taste did make me question my lust for her).

Oh, and i went to an Oak Ridge Boys concert in 1981 (and THEY did their stupid "Elvira" song twice to standing ovation!)...i have no excuse, except to say i was young and brainless.

Originally posted by Angel:
You win!!lol
biggrin.gif

Ok, well I kinda pride myself on my good taste in music, and I have been to a lot of concerts, but you know, I am not really embarrassed of any. You will probably all laugh when I tell you what my most embarrassing concert was, but it was great and if only he would tour again... lol

George Michael 1992 Cover to Cover tour. (Damn! I missed the Faith Tour in '88.
frown.gif
blah)

Christina...you absolutely love George Michael! Now, if I remember correctly, you and I were singing and dancing to GM's stuff on the bus to Galway that sunny Monday. Now, if you had seen Wham! I would have agreed but GM is your second fav ever!!

Also, you didnt get to see Back Street or N*SYNC at some point???

PS - Elton John
------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

[This message has been edited by bono_man (edited 12-08-2001).]

Well I have finally plucked up courage to answer this thread! Bear in mind some of these gigs were with females who wanted to see some of these artists!

Iron Maiden- 4 times (yeah I was a headbanger before I discovered U2!)
Judas Priest
Gillan 2 times
Paul Weller 4 times
Style Council 4 times
Erasure 4 times (they were bloody brill actually!)
Tears For Fears
Culture Club! LMAO!
The Christians
The Communards
New Order
Everything But The Girl
UB40
Pet Shop Boys
Paul Weller mini gig at Abbey Road Studios
Alison Moyet acoustic gig at the Mean Fiddler
Lighthouse Family (had my arm twisted,say no more!)
and last but not least...

U2! five times so far!

I'm sure theres more but I can't remeber who!

[This message has been edited by what a bomb! (edited 12-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by what a bomb! (edited 12-08-2001).]

Originally posted by HeartlandGirl:

Sorry about the Edit, but I thought I should warn everyone, "NEVER TRUST A BIG BUTT AND A SMILE!"
biggrin.gif

LMFAO! I can't get BBD out of my head now!

Originally posted by what a bomb!:
Paul Weller 4 times

Paul Weller mini gig at Abbey Road Studios

Lucky bastard! Paul Weller is amazing.

i was bored one saturday a couple of years ago, and all my co-workers had tickets to *gag* hootie and the blowfish and had an extra ticket so i went. they sucked so bad. i just as drunk as i could to make it bearable.

train opened up for them and were surprisingly decent...although i hate their new single.

------------------
And I feel like I'm slowly slowly slowly slipping under.

And I feel like I'm holding onto nothing.

ADAM (talking about Elevation):
"I like it, it's very hard to play live...(starts smiling) I don't understand what it's about, it's good."

Worst concert for me was New Kids on the Block- it was a free ticket for me, my Grandfather was coming back from America and was sitting next to someone from their management on the plane and the guy organised all these free tickets for myself and my cousins who live in Melbourne, so anyway I think I was in grade 8 or 9 and I went with two friends from school and it was a bad concert, I swear it is the only concert I have ever been to where I cant remember anything from, I dont have one single memory from the show- amazing hey
smile.gif

Originally posted by BostonAnne:
Ok, I've got to have this one beat since most of my classmates ridiculed me for liking this band when I was 14. My uncle took me and my friends to a 70's band called the Bay City Rollers. I had the tartan striped pants and everything!

Hey when I was at primary school, my mum went to London and bought back a Bay City Rollers jacket for me and my sister! Mine was like a satin black with yellow tartan collar and cuffs! I was the coolest kid in the playground!
Altogether now..." bye bye baby don't make me cry-i-i-i-y" sighs!
Did I really say all this out loud? lol!

Originally posted by HeartlandGirl:
You saw Bell Biv Devoe? AWESOME!!!! And I mean it. I really liked them back in the day.
redface.gif

Sorry about the Edit, but I thought I should warn everyone, "NEVER TRUST A BIG BUTT AND A SMILE!"
biggrin.gif

LMAO! OMG, yeah I remember that! And their whole.. "HIP HOP SMOOTHED OUT ON THE R&B Tip with a POP FEEL APEAL TO IT!" Or something like that!
biggrin.gif

AAAAHHHHHHH! BBD flash backs! LOL

------------------
Love, slowly stripped away
Love has seen its better day...

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by partygirl33:
LMFAO! I can't get BBD out of my head now!

LOL
biggrin.gif

------------------
Love, slowly stripped away
Love has seen its better day...

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by what a bomb!:
Hey when I was at primary school, my mum went to London and bought back a Bay City Rollers jacket for me and my sister! Mine was like a satin black with yellow tartan collar and cuffs! I was the coolest kid in the playground!
Altogether now..." bye bye baby don't make me cry-i-i-i-y" sighs!
Did I really say all this out loud? lol!

LOL! I'm glad you got to be cool! Unfortunately, I was thought to be very uncool!

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
CREED 1997

* stabs herself with fork
LMAO!!!!!! I'm embarrassed for you!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead:

opening band: good Lord my memory is failing me but it was that band fronted by that very sexy man, Sebastien Bach (whatever happened to them?)

He's with the Rocky Horror Picture Show now, isn't he? Seriously!

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

Originally posted by SweetOnU2:
I was 10 years old when I went to my first concert.... uh Bell Biv Devoe!
redface.gif

LOL...i remember that group. their song "poison" was my favorite at one point in high school. eew!

as far as i can remember, the concert i went to worth forgetting was that of Angela Bofill's. i was 9.
biggrin.gif
does anybody even remember her? LOL...

Ok, I've got to have this one beat since most of my classmates ridiculed me for liking this band when I was 14. My uncle took me and my friends to a 70's band called the Bay City Rollers. I had the tartan striped pants and everything!

Originally posted by partygirl33:
Bell Biv Devoe Fans CLICK HERE!
http://music.yahoo.com/music/news/billboard/short.html?a=n/music/news/billb oard/urban/20011206/2/p1

This is actually really frightening...an album to be released December 18th!

[This message has been edited by partygirl33 (edited 12-08-2001).]

OMG!!!! Do we need to start a Bell Biv Devoe appreciation thread? At least in jest?

*HG eagerly awaits the Dec 18th release date of BBD's album so she can buy it for her sister for Christmas*

What a great gag gift!

Ok...everyone..now I'm gonna date myself but here it goes..

See if anyone remembers these guys..." S A T U R D A Y N I G H T..." any guesses??? C'mon...think...

ok, ok... I'll tell ya ...when I was about 14 I went and saw these guys at the Santa Monica Civic..there was lots of screaming girls and tartan... yeah, that's right my very first concert was : THE BAY CITY ROLLERS!...
redface.gif
***omg..runs to hide for cover*** how's that for embarrassing..
I bet no one can top..this..hehehe..BSB, New kids yanni...chump change...
biggrin.gif

Ahhh ..feel much better. I said it..quite cathartic..almost like therapy..hehehe..lol

Peace!

------------------
If you twist and turn away
If you tear yourself in two again
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

Back
Top Bottom