What celebrities did you see at an Elevation show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
Wasn't Eddie Vedder (thud) in Vegas?

And I missed him!!! I guess I was looking elsewhere.
biggrin.gif

Drew Bledsoe was in Boston.

And btw-one time I saw Alan Thicke at a Springsteen show-and he was w/ Doug Flutie
biggrin.gif

Weezer and Tenacious D were 2 rows behind me in St. Louis. I'd already met Weezer in Sept. after their Detroit show, so I wasn't going to bother them again.
wink.gif
But I really wanted to meet Jack Black, but of course he had tons of people around him. It was pretty cool though...I guess he made a lot of beer runs during the show, hehe.

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

We were close to the VIP entrance and the soundboard at LA 2 so we saw a lot of celebs but this is all I can remember

Naomi Campbell
P Diddy
Ted Danson
George Wendt

Cindy Margolis was sitting behind us in Vegas and took pics with the guys in front of us

Originally posted by ultraviolet299:
some guy from SNL was at the show in Toronto.

yeah, that was Chris kattan and he was with Denise Richards. That was on the 24th of May.

Peace.

------------------
Peace on Earth.

Dan Patrick of ESPN fame was at one of the Oct. NY shows. I met Danny Lanois at one of the NJ shows.

CK

PS MY elevation shows are all mixing together. I can't remember what was 1st leg, 3rd leg, etc. Has it been that long?

CK again

3rd leg - MSG #1 Moby was behind my sis and I in the heart

[This message has been edited by Theedge555 (edited 05-06-2002).]

My brother and I were near the VIP entrance at LA 1 and saw Breckin Meyer and his wife, Tom Morello (my brother spoke to him), Woody Harrelson and, the big one, Puff Daddy! Puffy came in with three fairly large guys a few minutes before the show started, made his way to VIP enclosure, then left, then came back, then left again.
If he didn't want to stay, I would have gladly taken his VIP pass! He did take pictures with some little girls, so that was nice.
I read in People Magazine that Charlize Theron was also at the show but I didn't see her.

Ok at LA 3 we saw a bunch... We had a good view of the floor, so there were sightings... oh yes, sightings indeed.

First, we saw Rita Wilson walking around on the floor. She started waving at someone up in the luxury boxes above, so we turned around and it was Tom Hanks! People started cheering, so he waved at all of us. Then, my friend and I saw Ben Stiller walking toward the vip stage. I yelled his name so he turned and waved back, haha! He rocks. Then we saw Jared Leto, Chris Kattan,
that host of Fear Factor, I think James King... yeah. There were more that I couldn't really identify, but I recognized.

I saw Badly Drawn Boy (guy with stupid hat) at Manchester 1, Jarvis Cocker (weird dude from Pulp) at London 2, the singer from Coldplay stood right behind me at Brum 1 and Rod Stewart and Pete Townsend were behind me at London 3. I shouted out 'My mam likes you' to Rod and people started laughing at him......he didnt stay in the heart very long after that.......wonder why

We saw Woody Harilson (spelling) at Slane1 watching Coldplay and The Chillis from the side of the stage. Bono joined him and they had a chat....well, Bono talked and Woody listened!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars. Carved into stone on the face of earth"
- One Tree Hill

jonedwards80@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Bonovation:

There was also a rumour that one of the Gallagher brothers was in the heart at the 3rd London show, but thankfully I missed him completely[/B]

Noel was supposed to be in the VIP area at Manc 1 and Liam at one of the London ones.

Eddie Irvine was in the heart at slane 1 but I missed him *sigh* such a fine piece of irish arse

Originally posted by Bonovation:
I saw Arun at MSG 3
biggrin.gif
, but not sure that counts

There was also a rumour that one of the Gallagher brothers was in the heart at the 3rd London show, but thankfully I missed him completely

I'd like to think it does

hmmm... saw Jude Law at the May show in Chicago... he stepped on me, and I shoved him and asked him who he thought he was.... he leaned over and told me; I pushed him off my foot. Then 2 days later at their last May show - Sting came up and hugged me on his way into the hotel, where he was a guest on Bono's floor. (cos Bono invited him) Sting wasn't a bad sighting either...grrrrr!

------------------
...and may your dreams be realized...

[This message has been edited by salome999 (edited 05-07-2002).]

In Vegas, I saw Eddie Vedder and Ali Hewson.

Elvis Costello was at the Tampa show, but I didn't see him - Bono announced him.

------------------
ooh eee ooh ah ah ching chang walla walla bing bang.

Woah.
Woah.

The lead singer of Coldplay is Chris Martin... I wouldn't of minded running into him! Or just about anyone else on that list olive posted. It's so awesome that celebrites would come out and enjoy a U2 concert. Well then again, who wouldn't?

Ehm. Bill Clinton was at the First Leg NJ2 show I was at... Didn't see him, but I saw a number of secret service agents.
biggrin.gif

------------------
i'm too busy to see you
you're too busy to wait

Originally posted by Theedge555:
I thought I read that N'stink at one show on leg #1

~hurling now~

I read that too and if I'm not mistaken they went to 2 shows. Also heard that Carson Daly was at Slane 1 and Stuart Townsend (actor in Queen of The Damned) was also there with his girlfriend Charlize Theron.
Also in the NJ Show (last show of 1st leg)Ed Burns and Christy Turlington were there because Bono mentioned that they were and dedicated Wild Honey to them.

Back
Top Bottom