What band has won the most Grammys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kariatari

War Child
I need some help here. I was just arguing with my friend over who has won the most Grammys - The Beatles or U2.

So, we looked it up and sure enough U2 had more. That got us to wondering - Is there any other band with more Grammys that what U2 has?
confused.gif
I've been trying to think of one that might, but I can't. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
smile.gif

after this year U2 might have the most. but you might try looking up Stevie Wonder, Simon and Garfunkle, or just Paul Simon. Maybe even artist/producers like Babyface. Maybe Clapton or even Sinatra. Santana won about 7 that one year, if he had prior wins he could be up there too. there are a ton to check. Not really sure though.

[This message has been edited by womanfish (edited 02-13-2002).]

Hey thanks womanfish! I'm actually curious about bands though, not individual artists. I guess Simon & Garfunkle could count as a band...I'll try looking them up. Thanks again!

Ok...I looked em up...Simon & Garfunkel only have 6 (or was it 9?). Even so, that's still not more than U2. Stevie Wonder had 21.
eek.gif
Does he have the most for a solo artist? anyone?

[This message has been edited by kariatari (edited 02-13-2002).]

Actually I think Quincy Jones has a ton. But band-wise. U2 might just be the top on that one

[This message has been edited by womanfish (edited 02-13-2002).]

Yup, Quincy has 26.

I still need bands though...

[This message has been edited by kariatari (edited 02-13-2002).]

Multiple Grammy Winners

1. Sir Georg Solti 30
2. Quincy Jones 26
3. Vladimir Horowitz 25
4. Henry Mancini 20
5. Stevie Wonder 17
6. Leonard Bernstein 16
Paul Simon (including Simon and Garfunkel) 16
7. Aretha Franklin 15
John Williams 15
8. Pierre Boulez 14
Itzhak Perlman 14
9. Ella Fitzgerald 13
Leontyne Price 13
Robert Shaw (including Robert Shaw Chorale) 13
10. Chet Atkins 12
Ray Charles 12
David Foster 12
Michael Jackson 12
Thomas Z. Shepard 12
Sting (including Police) 12

So my guess is with U2 having 10 Grammies, they are the group with the largest amount of Grammies, since all the rest of the people on the list above are individual performancers, or producers, though some like Sting were with The Police. With this year's Grammy wins, U2 will continue to be in a favorable position when it comes to grammy wins for a band, which is quite impressive since no other band is on this list above.

Chris

[This message has been edited by spanisheyes (edited 02-13-2002).]

Woo Hoo!! Thanks spanisheyes!! That's just the info that I wanted!!
biggrin.gif
Where did you get it?

Thanks again!

Midnight... is where the day begins!

February 27th, 11:59pm.

Grammy website update:

U2, 17 Grammy Awards.

Midnight... is where the day begins!

According to the Grammy website, that list is not correct. Michael Jackson has 11 and not 12 Grammy's. Stevie Wonder has 20 Grammy's. Sting(Police) have 15!
You can look up winners at www.grammy.com . Remember that sometimes although an award maybe listed in an artist catalog it does not mean that actually won it. If the artist did not write the song and it won song of the year, the artist would not get the award by the writer would, since song of the Year is a Song writers award. Also, Producers and Engineers also win awards for albums.

I find the grammy.com search engine really confusing.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Back
Top Bottom