What are your personal favorite U2 music videos so far and why ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KL70

Babyface
What are your picks of your very favorite U2 music videos made so far (that you think are their very best so far) and please say why, for any choice/s named.

Why, as in the superb cinematography, direction, editing and for the overall superb or witty visual execution of the idea, etc., based on U2's music or lyrics, or both.

If this has been well discussed here before, please give any links.

Sweetest Thing - it's just too sweet! So in terms of overall superb or witty visual execution of the idea, that gets my vote.

I also quite enjoy Elevation - it's just entertaining.

I'm going to tell the truth- these are my favorites because Bono looks so hot in them :drool:

One bar
WGRYWH
Stay
Desire
WOWY
MW
Pride (version 2)
Stuck (European)
Two Hearts
TGBHF
What's Goin' On (blindfold, I know it's not U2)

I like ISHFWILF, Streets, EBTTRT, The Fly, BD, and The Unforgettable Fire because of their concepts and/or visuals (and Bono looks so hot in them :drool: ) ;)

Last edited:
Even Better Than The Real Thing - The spinning camera and all the cool visuals just blow my mind. Also the video that introduced me to U2. :)

Numb - Simple video for a seemingly simple song. Smart concept too, with the whole idea of Edge sitting in front of a TV. A whole lotta Edge. :edge:

WOWY - My first "real" intro to the band - I had seen SBS before, obviously, but this was just when they first hit it big here and they played this all the time on Mtv. (Plus, Larry looks :drool: :tongue: )

EBTTRT - For the visuals, first and foremost. :up:

One - The drag version. Very emotional, IMO.

Numb, Beautiful Day, HMTMKMKM, Electrical Storm, etc. I could go on, but those are my absolute favorites. :love:

One - All 3 versions......... especially Drag Version and The One with the word "one" on blank screen. It's so simple yet straight to the point and the drag version is just so emotional yet entertaining.

Please - love the entire visuals, which make the song ever more emotional. (They should have done something like this with "if god would send his angels")

Stay - Cool Concept.

Streets - I just love videos from JT and Rattle&Hum Era

STAY is soooooo beautiful!!

I?ve never seen the video of THE FLY... can somebody explain me how is it? It?s one of my favourite U2 songs, I think a bloody red video would be nice for the concept of the song... like the hell... :)

"The Sweetest Thing" is my favorite video of theirs thus far. It's such an adorable video-I like how Bono goes all out to apologize to Ali, he puts her favorite things in there and everything. And I love it at the very end when he mouths, "I'm sorry". It's just a sweet gesture from Bono, and that's really cool.

Other videos I particularly like:

"Where The Streets Have No Name"-I like how spontaneous this video is, how they're just going right ahead with their performance, even though the cops are trying to shut them down. And everyone's there watching them. I wish I'd been there.

"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"-I like how they're just hanging out downtown with various people. They're just out having fun. Which is cool.

That, and the little actions Bono makes, along with some of his facial expressions, tend to remind me of a guy I had a thing for in 11th grade. So there's a personal interest there as well.

"One", particularly the drag and buffalo versions. They make some really interesting statements, and the reasoning behind the drag version really brings home one of the many interpretations of what that song's about.

"Even Better Than The Real Thing"-All the visuals of it-it's a small peek into the whole concept of the Zoo TV tour.

"Mysterious Ways"-the shaky camera effects and the streching and wavy effects make it a very unique video. And I like the scenery-where are they at in that video? Looks like a fascinating place.

"Stay"-I like the whole concept of this video. I like seeing them as angels.

"Elevation"-I like the little adventure aspect of this video. I like the Good U2 vs. Bad U2 thing.

"Please"-Kind of a creepy video, but it's very stark, which adds to the sadness of the video's subject.

"Discotheque"-Simply here for the sole fact that the video cracks me up. There's just something very amusing about seeing the guys in the outfits that they're in. And that little dance at the end...LOL. Funny.

There's my list.

Angela

In no particular order:

Streets - cool.

Sweetest Thing - adorable, perfect for the song and what (who) it was written for.

Please - it's powerful in a sad, hypnotic way

Discotheque - hilarious and really relaxed atmosphere

New Year's Day - the first U2 video I ever saw, the one that got me instantly hooked on the band. And on the Edge. :love:

Streets - the rooftop performance looked totally cool (and when, oh WHEN are they going to release Best of 1980-1990 on DVD so we can see these great videos again?!)

Stuck In A Moment (football) - Very funny, very well done. :D Liked Larry as the enthusiastic Lemons fan.

Staring At The Sun - incredible lighting effects. Loved the bit where it looks like Bono's throwing a fireball.

Numb - Also very funny. It's nice to see a band that everyone criticized for being too serious in the 80's show that they do have a sense of humor. Also, Edge looked very hot. :flirt:

Well... can't say I'm the best person to answer this, as I haven't seen too many videos, really... but I suppose...

The Unforgettable Fire- Not sure WHY I love this one so much, but it is definitely one of my favourites... it's just incredibly haunting.

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For- Bono annoying Edge is far too cute. (Also, I noticed once, wearing my black JT t-shirt, that there was a guy in the background wearing the same shirt...)

Numb- This is such a great idea, and reading in U2 at the End of the World about how it was made was so funny.

Sweetest Thing- Bono just cracks me up.

I Will Follow- this makes me laugh for many reasons... Bono's bouncing... the fact that they only gave Adam one close-up shot, which Bono bounced into as soon as possible... Bono messing up his hair... Edge doing his own little hops... Larry looking so young...

There are so many I want to see though... Love Is Blindness; Lemon; Discotheque; Stuck In A Moment (the European version, anyway, I'm not much for football); Beautiful Day; Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me.... and I could go on.

Even Better than the Real Thing
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
If God Would Send His Angels
Lemon

"Where the streets have no name"......it gives a great sense of freedom in my opinion......

I have a lot of favorites

In no particular order:

One Drag Version - I think it's shot beautifully and the emotion comes through so well. I actually think this one might be my favorite.

Sweetest Thing - it's just so sweet and cute and funny.

EBTTRT - I love how the way the camera spins goes so perfectly with the song and the different visuals.

Lemon - a very weird video for a weird song.

Electrical Storm - My libido's favorite ;)

ISHFWILF - the way bono sings to the camera and all the funny little things like edge rolls his eyes and adam's antics.

I Will Follow and A Celebration - so bad they're funny

Stay and WOWY - they are just so beautifully shot

Numb - hilarious

Stay - beautiful

EBTTRT - dizzy

Numb - Funny

early videos - they were done with 2 cents

Discotheque - Lol

Lemon - weird

Staring At The Sun (Jeke Scott version) - aesthetic

etc.

Last edited:
WOWY - This was not only the first U2 video I ever saw, but the first visual image I had of the band members. It is so beautifully shot, and very haunting and moody. It suits the song perfectly.

Sunday Bloody Sunday - Red Rocks, the rain, the lit torches by the stage and Bono with the white flag - does it get any better than that!

Where The Streets Have No Name - I wanted to be one of the people in the crowd so badly!

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - See comment for WTSHNN.

Desire - Because Bono looked so hot in it, and the seedy atmosphere fitted the song so well.

All three versions of One - if any song deserves three videos, it is this one.

EBTTTRT - The spinning effect is so cool

Stay - Beautiful concept, beautiful cinematography, beautiful video.

Lemon and Numb - funniest U2 videos ever!

HMTMKMKM - love the animation.

The Sweetest Thing - Awwwww!

Electrical Storm - beautifully filmed, very romantic and sad. Plus Larry is wet and half naked. :drool:

Last edited:
In no particular order :

From 80's : Unforgettable Fire, Streets, All I Want Is You

From 90's : The Fly, One bar, EBTTRT, WGRYWH, Love Is Blindness, Numb, Stay, Lemon, HMTMKMKM

Vox!!

New Years Day - they stole my idea...one of these days I'll steal it back.

All I Want Is You - the look on the trapeze artists face

One- I nearly fainted when I saw the extra version I hadn't known about

Numb - the humour

Electrical Storm - the ill mermaid, the ocean full of crap, the anger, the love, the bathtub.

How can you narrow it down? Musical and visually artistic geniuses...imho. A body of work so immense, so diverse, so wonderful...

words are not enough eh?

U2 :applaud: encore

Back
Top Bottom