What are your dreams about U2 like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david

ONE love, blood, life
I am sure we've all had our dreams about U2 every now and then. Over the years I've had various dreams about the band. Typically the more reccuring dream I have is where I am at a ZooTV concert and it's like the most awesome cocert there ever was. It's weird trying to describe these type of dreams. Sometimes I am viewing the band from the audience and I am looking at the stage set up and there's Bono as the Fly doing his thing and I look up and see the sky and the sun is setting, and it even adds to the very surreal quality of the dream. Every once in a while I'll have the dream from the perspective of the stage looking out at the audience.

The other dreams about U2 I have typically are in the setting of view either at home or at a theatre and I am watching a rare documentary about the band and their life... Usually it's really lengthy and descriptive and I remember this one dream I was watching a documentary about them and I was watching band performances that I guess would be weird. But in reality they of course do not exist, but in the dream the band is performing songs I never heard in weird auditoriums or even outside in a public setting.

Then there is this one dream I had where I was watching Rattle and Hum but it was just Bono on stage in black and white but behind him was a red stage curtain pulled down and he performing an acoustic song solo.

Sometimes I also dream I am in a mall at a record shop looking for super rare import U2 cds or albums and I find them and I look at the cover and it's usually a black and white cover with Rattle and Hum era lettering and red stripes on the cover.

Haha and I'll finish this up with this one dream I had where it was 1991 and I was at a record shop and this guy put in a VHS tape in the store VCR and on the monitors it was playing Achtung Bbay stuff before it came out and I had this weird discussion with the guy about the new U2 that was coming out and how it was supposed to destroy the image of 80's U2 and pave the way for the 90s.

So those are my U2 dreams.

I had a dream about a U2 concert before my first concert. I was in really shitty seats (that part came true haha), but it didn't sell very well and there were a lot of spaces empty near the stage. I wanted to get down there to be closer to the band, but to get there I had to traverse this intense series of wires and such, like on the outside of the arena overlooking traffic below from skyscraper-ish heights. It was very Spiderman. I eventually got down to the stage, they were playing mysterious ways.

It was, like, awesome.

I had a really stupid one recently where I was shopping for shoes, and I ran into Edge among the Converse Chucks (big surprise :tongue: ), and then we saw a rack of beanies, and I started laughing so hard that I had to sit down on the floor. And that was it.

I've had a lot of dreams about them over the years.

Most recent one was a few weeks ago when I was fighting.. a lot of raptors in World of Warcraft to pay for my mount.
One of the nights of that I drempt that one of the raptors was telling me to stop killing them with Bono's voice. :uhoh:

I didn't listen to the BonoRaptor.

phillyfan26 said:
I've never dreamed about U2 once. I feel like a traitor to this forum.

Neither have I.:shrug: I also haven't bought any RED products. I'm going to hell.

I've had two from memory, but I only vaguely remember then. I had one a few nights ago, I was at a U2 concert, front few rows, and when the concert was over and U2 were walking away I yelled out "thank you for Kite!" and they stopped and came back, and we had a nice chat. Later on in the dream I had sex (no idea where that came from) and I just remember waking up thinking, "if Geelong had of won the premiership in the same dream then I could have died a fufilled person right then and there."

I also had a few prior to the announcement of the first dates, and I remember waking up thinking "They have to tour."

I've had a handful of U2 dreams, and almost all of them involve me going to one of their shows, but the same things always happen:

a) it's at a tiny place like a bar
b) I don't have my contacts in so everything is hard to see
c) there's hardly anybody there but me and whoever I'm with

I had few U2 dreams, one of them happened two nights ago, it was at least "strange". :ohmy: In that dream I was watching Milan DVD and Oasis joined U2 to play WTSHNN together :huh: It was very realistic, Noel played additional guitar and Liam entered with second verse. Just try to imagine Streets with Liams vocals :huh::huh::huh:

I've had lots of U2 dreams. Sometimes I'm at a concert and Larry scowls at me or the arena is empty and the show never starts. I even dreamed a couple of times that my family ate dinner with Bono and Ali.

One dream I remember was where Bono was on my front porch. I looked through the peephole and he was standing there with his green hat on wringing his hands like he was nervous. I started opening the door but my mom ran over and shut it and said "No! Don't let him in!" I was mad and said "Mom! What are you doing?!" I was afraid he would leave.

But my favorite U2 dream was where my friend and I were at the state fair and we found Edge passed out on the ground. Nobody else around seemed to care. So we tried help him and my friend gave him mouth-to-mouth. He started waking up but she kept on doing it and I was like "Um, I think he's OK now." I remember looking into his green eyes and thinking how pretty they are and then I woke up. This dream was a direct result of actually going to the fair, my friend telling me that she thinks Edge is handsome, and studying the first aid section of my health textbook that day.

U2 dreams are so much fun. :tongue:

My U2 dreams almost always involved going to a concert. At one of the dream concerts I attended, the guys did SNL-type skits on stage and Bono led the entire audience in a conga line around the auditorium. Yay!

One of my best-ever U2 dreams was earlier this week. I was at a local park where some band I hated was performing and they started playing a crappy version of a U2 song (I think it was Sunday Bloody Sunday) and I was mad until suddenly Bono showed up! He walked up this ramp to the stage. Some people, including me, happened to be sitting on the ramp so he kind of stepped around us. All of a sudden he slipped and fell backwards, and me and a few others caught him so he didn't break his neck. In my dream Bono looked exactly like he did in the Desire video, so his hair was hanging halfway down his back. So when I helped break his fall I got to touch his hair. :drool: (Sorry, I hope that wasn't too PLEBA.)

Bono's shades said:
Bono led the entire audience in a conga line around the auditorium. Yay!

Hey, that actually happened at a concert I went to :wink: well it wasnt the entire audience obviously but yeah, Indianapolis 5/10/01

I had a dream that U2 played in a small auditorium like venue... they played half of Vertigo, stopped, and left the stage. Everyone seeemd to accept the half-song-long setlist and leave except me. I waited in my seat and Bono came out to talk to me. I was like "Where'd the rest of U2 go?" and he said, "oh, they went to see Green Day, Green Day came to every one of our shows so Edge said we should go to theirs" weird dream, but cool cuz I got to talk to Bono :wink:

I had another dream where they opened the Vertigo Tour outside on some small stage and some folding chairs...hardly anyone was there... but I was and Bono lept off stage and gave me a hug and said he missed me :cute: (cuz apparently he remembered me from...somewhere?)

Probably the best U2 dream I ever had was one where U2 were filiming a music video in the small town where I grew up (Newburgh, IN...really random) and somehow I ended up spending the day clinging to and being extremely affectionate with Bono :D for some reason we went to a carnival, don't know what that was about :eyebrow:

I also had a dream once that I went back in time to Pop era and started telling U2 about different songs from Pop and they were all "how do you know that?!" and this other time I had a dream that I was trying to get Elevation tickets and I kept missing a train to get them or something, and I kept going back in time to try and get the tickets, but everytime I couldn't. probably provoked by me not seeing U2 on the 3rd leg of Elevation even though they were in Indiana :(

yeah I have a lot of U2 dreams lol...nothing lately though

I've also never had a dream where I've banged Bono (or anyone else from U2). Unfair.

Most recent one was a few weeks ago when I was fighting.. a lot of raptors in World of Warcraft to pay for my mount.
One of the nights of that I drempt that one of the raptors was telling me to stop killing them with Bono's voice

:lmao: weirdest U2 dream ever!!

AtomicBono said:
I've also never had a dream where I've banged Bono (or anyone else from U2). Unfair.
:lol: Me either, but once I did dream that Bono came over to my house drunk, and kept trying to kiss me, right in front of my mom, and I kept telling him to stop.

And then I had one that Edge and myself and a couple of other girls were all in a car, and Edge was in the backseat with me, and he kissed me, and I was all like "No Edge, I'm a Bono girl, the girls in the front seat are Edge girls, go kiss them" and then we got to this place and got out of the car, and the Joshua Tree (the actual tree) was there, on this sort of stage thing, and we all got out and bowed down to it.

My dreams are so weird, I'd be worried about myself if they started making sense :shrug:

I think I've mentioned this one on here before, but it was pretty awesome. I was at some kind of tour rehearsal. There were only about fifty people or so, all crowded around the outside of the ellipse, which was not an ellipse at all, and was in fact yellow and lemon-shaped, and there were awesome disco-ish blue and green lights (I really hope this is a prophetic sign of what the next album and tour will be like). They said they were going to call out names of people to go into the lemon, and mine was one of the names that was called out. As I walked into the lemon with the others, I didn't want to look like a total fangirl, so I acted as calmly as possible, and as a result, people were saying I must not be a real fan. Anyway, those of us that were called into the lemon were then taken to another room, with Bono. Apparently we were supposed to have a dance contest, which Bono was going to judge.

But my favourite will probably always be the one where Bono was behind me, and he abruptly put his hand into my face to point out something he wanted me to look at. I snapped my teeth at his hand and said "I'll bite you! You should know better than to stick your hand into my face!"

I used to have U2 dreams. They were fairly stupid. In one, Edge stole my guitar and didn't give it back, and in another, Bono broke a ski lift. :shrug:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

:lol: Me either, but once I did dream that Bono came over to my house drunk, and kept trying to kiss me, right in front of my mom, and I kept telling him to stop.
:laugh: Sounds pretty real to me. That Bono and his constant flirting :tsk: I also had a dream where I met him and he tried to kiss me. He knows very well I'm an Adam girl too :shame:

Otherwise my U2 dreams have been fairly random. I had a dream The Edge was my dad once :huh: I suppose he's old enough to be :lol: I had another dream where I met Larry and asked him for a hug, but he apologized that he couldn't because he had a cold. Then there was the time U2 held a concert in my friend's tiny apartment.

:confused: Random stuff :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom