What Are You Hoping For From The Vertigo Video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Sage said:
Oh, and did anyone else pick up on the U2.com announcement which said the dvd would contain the "Vertigo - HQ video"...I was wondering if HQ stood for Hanover Quay, ie a performance video at their studio?

For sure HQ stands for Hanover Quay.

What about an "are you for a vertigo" thing?
i.e., band (you know which) standing on the road hitchiking, photographed from the inside of a car, and a sign showing a place called Vertigo ahead...

(just one of my stupid ideas... :reject: )

I'd like it to be totally different from anything thats on MTV right now, because frankly it all sucks. I don't like the idea of them doing something "youthful" and hip, like the new bands on MTV, i think it will just make them look like old men with an agecrisis.

Maybe a video without the band appearing altogether. Something weird and not redundant. Animated maybe. My guess though is that it will be a beautiful dayish kind of video, which is one of their better, but still... we have seen it before...

The scene: A high-school gymnasium, teaming with angsted, hormonal teens waiting for the band to signal rebellion. (Assembly cheered on by nubile cheerleaders wearing Anarchy symbols.) Cue smoke machine... U2 come on with a deft four-chord progression, step on the distortion pedals, and all hell breaks loose. Most curious "U2-look" change: Larry has long hair, and has dyed it black.

Ok, ok...maybe that's been done. But i hear "grunge" fashion is making an ironic comeback...

I agree with mofo82...one of the best videos of the last decade was "Let Forever Be" by the Chemical Brothers (Juno Reactor's "God is God" a close second!). Also one of the best videos ever was Radiohead's "Pyramid Song"...very touching...very human without any actual humans...all just computer animation.

Back
Top Bottom