What are theTop 5 U2 Bootlegs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

broshere

The Fly
What are your top 5 bootlegs?

1. Notre Dame elevation - Just because i
was there.
2. New years eve 89
3. Mexico PopMart
4. Zoo tv dublin 93
4. Boston Tapes -83 War Tour

Keep in mind I only have about 20 boots, so of the ones I have... my favourites are:

1. Notre Dame - Elevation
2. Sarajevo - Popmart
3. Dublin - New Years Eve '89
4. Washington, DC ZooTV
5. NewYork - Elevation (Oct.)

*Reminds me that I have a few more boots at home that I haven't organised and listened to. :O

1. Dublin 1993
2. December 26 '89
3. MexiMofo
4. Complete Boston Tapes
5. Notre Dame Elevation (although it's a bit staticy)

Rock's Hottest Ticket -Chicago
Zoo Europa (ZOO TV)
PopMart show in Sarajevo
Elevation shows in Boston - all 4 (especially the 2 that were filmed)
St. Stephens at the Point series

All of these are "famous" boots from various eras.

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 03-27-2002).]

1.) 11-7-87 Denver "Back In Denver" Soundboard remaster
2.) 5-15-01 Chicago soundboard, the "good non dropout" ALD version, great quality, 11 O Clock and Out of Control played, and because I was there.
3.) 1-31-98 Sao Paulo Brazil, FM broadcast
4.) 12-30-89 Dublin soundboard, the night before the New Years show. I think the setlist is better on this night as well as the performance.
5.) 5-30-83 Devore CA soundboard, US Festival, great performance.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 03-27-2002).]

From the ones I have, and they are not so many, I would go with the following, in no particular order:

Zoo Europa 1993 (gotta love this one
smile.gif
)
Popmart S?o Paulo 1998 (some personal reasons, you know
wink.gif
)
Irving Plaza 2000
Boston 4th night (sorry, can't remember the date) 2001
New Year's Eve 1989

and I recently was given a copy of Duets, which I'm in love with currently.

Zoo Europa (Dublin Zootv)
Nex years eve 1989
Irving Plaza 2000
Popmart Mexico (I was there)
Dublin Crok Park 1987

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

Originally posted by Mulholland Drive:
Personally, I think the sound quality is the best out of all 4 shows at the Point Depot.

That is my first and so far only bootleg (working on getting more
smile.gif
) and let me tell you.. it is worth whatever you have to pay. It has a fantastic set list, WONDERFUL sound quality, and Bono sounds brilliant.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

New Years Eve In Dublin 12/31/89
Zoo-TV In Dublin 8/28/93
Joshua Tree In Denver - 11/7/87
Popmart Mexico - 12/3/97
Elevation Cleveland - 5/3/01

These are the boots that I would recommend. There are a lot of others though that are excellent and I'm sure that once the dust settles a handful of Elevation boots will comeout that are of good quality.

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

1.) 89-12-30 Dublin. Damn near perfect soundboard recording of one of u2's best ever shows. A treasure.

2.) 97-09-30 Tel Aviv. Excellent sounding soundboard recording of a great Popmart show.

3.) 92-08-06 Hersey. Poor sounding audience recording of the outside broadcast recordings, but is worth it simply to hear the Acrobat to ZooTV opening sequence. Why? Why didn't they do this in concert.

4.) 01-05-03 Cleveland. The ALD and audience recording (referred to as Cleveland Tea Party). Incredible mix and great Elevation Tour setlist.

5.) 92-10-14 Houston. Excellent audience recording. This is the first bootleg I ever bought. I firmly believe that had this bootleg had terrible sound, then I never would of gotten into bootleg buying/trading at all and probably wouldn't have become such a fan of U2 (since the live recordings are really the essence of u2.) So, I got lucky and I still ove to listen to this bootleg and get taken back to that fateful day in the summer of 93 that I bought this.

Word.

peace

mofo23

I have just started collecting bootlegs this year but here are my favorites of what I have collected so far:

1. New Years Eve 89 , Dublin, Lovetown Tour
2. Rocks Hottest Ticket, Chicago, JT Tour
3. LA 3, 11.19.2001, Elevation Tour ( cuz I was there, and oh, it rocked!!!)
4. Boston 4, 2001, Elevation Tour
5. Turin, Italy 2001, Elevation Tour

I just started collecting too, so I don't think that I can name 5!! My two favorite though are:

Rock's hottest ticket (OMG, This show rocks)
and Zooropa, Europa!!

Hey, fellow new collectors. Email me, and we can start a newbie collectors circle!! I am sure that if we all only have a few, then we don't all have the same one's!! spinninghead77@hotmail.com

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

Originally posted by Hawkmoon1021:
Popmart Santiago-1998 I think it might be the only time they did Bad on this tour.

They performed Bad in S?o Paulo as well, the first concert in Jan 30th 1998. Never heard of a bootleg from that show though, there was no TV or FM broadcast.

Another Time Another Place, Boston 1981. Probably the best live recording of the early U2 years.....great sound quality!!!

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

I like how bootlegs become as legendary as studio released albums.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by broshere:
how would i go about getting a copy of"rocks hottest ticket"? all the bootleg places where i live have had the same bootlegs for a long time.

There are some kind folks like me who have large collections and will copy shows for you if you send us blank CD's and postage.
wink.gif

10-10-01 Notre Dame webcast. New York is just killer on this one.
5-15-01 Chicago ALD. beautiful recording.
6-15-92 Rotterdam soundboard. Raw but still one of my favs.
8-16-92 Washington DC soundboard.
12/26,27/30/31 1989/1990 Dublin, IRE.

[This message has been edited by Jayhawk (edited 03-27-2002).]

Riverboat President-October era audience recording, but it sounds great. You really can feel the excitement of the band & the crowd. I love this boot.

New Years Eve 1989

Dublin 1993

Popmart Santiago-1998 I think it might be the only time they did Bad on this tour. Bono's voice sounds great at this show. Radio Broadcast.

Elevation-Boston 4-I was there. The only Elevation show I saw. Out of control was great. Bono was really into it. Great audience recording. Beautiful Day was played at the end of the 1st set I think-very cool.

i agree with the rotterdam show jayhawk. great raw show. and also with notre dame. im adding another one to the list that i purchased today. its the opening night of the elevation tour.

Originally posted by Jayhawk:
10-10-01 Notre Dame webcast. New York is just killer on this one.
5-15-01 Chicago ALD. beautiful recording.
6-15-92 Rotterdam soundboard. Raw but still one of my favs.
8-16-92 Washington DC soundboard.
12/26,27/30/31 1989/1990 Dublin, IRE.

I have to agree on the Notre Dame. New York sounds fantastic on it!

[This message has been edited by Jayhawk (edited 03-27-2002).]

Originally posted by Vorsprung:
Another Time Another Place, Boston 1981. Probably the best live recording of the early U2 years.....great sound quality!!!

Great disc! I usually listen to this instead of Boy. It has all of Boy except Shadows & Tall Trees I think. 2 11'O clocks, a couple of early B-sides...it rocks! For a sample check out one of the Sweetest Thing B-sides. Stories For Boys & Out Of Control are from this show. I couldn't tell a difference in sound quality between the B-sides & the boot. I just can't believe that show is 21 years old!

ZooEuropa 93
Sata claus is coming to town 89
Back in Denver 87
New Years Night 89
Irving plaza 2000

All outstanding

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

Back
Top Bottom