What are the top 5 U2 songs that really move you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scarlet october

Acrobat
So what are your top 5 U2 songs that really move you guys to tears? They have some very powerful songs but if you could only pick 5 what would they be?

Mine, in no order:

1. Miracle Drug :drool:
2. Where The Streets Have No Name
3. Bad
4. One
5. Original Of The Speices

... honestly "Mircale Drug" is becoming one of my all time favorties.

SYCMIOYO
If God Will Send His Angels
Hands that Built America
Kite
L' Incontro

these aren't in any specific order and some have made me cry and others have moved me no other song has.

Running To Stand Still
Mothers Of The Disappeared
One (live versions)
Walk On (live versions w/ 'Hallelujahs')
ISHFWILF (Vertigo live versions)

Streets
Mothers of the Disappeared (live)
Bad
One Tree Hill (live)
In a Little While

Bad
The First Time
I Still Haven't Found
Your Blue Room
Running to Stand Still (ZooTV Performance Version)

If music ever brought me to tears (only once - Into the Fire, Bruce Springsteen)...

Mothers of the Disappeared
Love is Blindness
Original of the Species
Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own
Running to Stand Still

5. Miss Sarajevo (Live from Buffalo-Vertigo 12/9/05): I was actually there for this one and had tears streaming down my face by the time Bono hit the opera. I hadn't cried in public for almost 10 years.

4. Please (Live from Rotterdam): Haunting; it absolutely wrecks me. I prefer this version to the album version because besides the fact that its absolutetly perfect and has that amazing transition into Streets, it also breaks me to hear Bono mutter that heartbreaking "Please, stop fightin'. Please?" Between that and the amazingly primal wail at the song's conclusion, I've basically decided that I need to marry this version and have its children.

3. SYCMIOYO: Such an intimate tune. Hits me hard in all of my soft spots. The kind of song that just makes you ache.

2. SIAMYCGOO: I've listened to this one alot lately. Its a really soothing sort of therapy song that's gotten me through some recently rough times.

and...

1. Walk On: Words can never describe what this song does to me. Or what it means to me. Walk On=:heart:

Love is blindness

Heartland

Walk on

The song on Red Rocks where Bono picks the blond girl out (Can't remember what it's called :reject: )

Please

Back
Top Bottom