What are the best U2 rarities and outtakes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heaven and Hell was new ground for the band.....the battle of loving and hating love for a woman......still hits me hard sometimes even though it is in raw form

If the new album sounds like "she's gonna blow your house down"...we are in fantastic shape!

steak said:
I've got this mp3 now so if anyone wants it let me know...

If you could upload that somewhere, I would be most appreciative!

One of my favorites is also Deep In The Heart. I have a pretty good copy I guess, Foobar says it's 724K. :scratch:

Also I really really like "Always", is that rare? It's on that U2 7 EP. Um I'm a little confused, when I was searching for lyrics from it, the site I found them on (atu2.com) says this song is on ATYCLB but it isn't on my copy?

Hey Swan 269 - I totally agree. It would be awesome if the new album had a number songs like "She's Gonna Blow Your House Down." I love your video for Heaven And Hell. Have you thought of making a video and/or an edit audio version of the 2 Salome Outtakes version? And a dream would be a video and/or an edit audio version of the 2 versions of "Back Mask" aka "Woman" / "Sick For Love" from the Salome Outtakes? I believe AB could have been an excellent double album (with the b-sides / Heaven And Hell / and even Night And Day)

Last edited:
I have thought about it but the problem is using footage from the band.since the songs have never been performed live it is hard to capture images from there videos that match the idea. Luckily, the video "one" was easily transferred to the idea of Heaven and Hell because the tempo of the songs were similar. I hope I find out one day what the band thought of it...I still watch it now and again for inspiration during some of my edit sessions. doing a video for she's gonna blow your house down would be a great challenge.

The Best U2 Rarities and Outtakes-

• Heaven and Hell
  • The Fool
  • Cartoon World
  • Sunset in Colours
  • Wake Up Dead Man (1990 Version-not a BIT like eventual '97 Pop Version. Totally different song that used the phrase 'Wake up...' for those who are wondering and haven't heard it before)
  • Take Today
  • Alone in the Light
  • Magic Carpet/Life on a Distant Planet

All I can think of at the moment...lemme get my bootlegs out...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom