What are all of their houses/apartments/etc.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Infinitum98 said:

Why did he have to give up the NYC apartment?

"A drug bust in the early 90's had begun to cause him [Adam] grief with the US immigration authorities in the wake o 9/11. 'I have to apply for a visa six weeks in advance of travelling and it makes it hard to be spontaneous,' he explains. 'Even when you do get the visa, when you arrive you get sent to a little black room where they basically humiliate you, then eventually they look in your passport, stamp it and let you go. I just wonder if it happens to Paul McCartney?! Maybe not. Maybe being busted with a bag of grass in Japan is a different offense.' So now U2's bass player flits between Dublin, London, and the band's redbouts on the French Riviera."--Mojo 9/05.

Infinitum98 said:

Why did he have to give up the NYC apartment?

Because he was fed up of hassle from customs every time he flew to the US (due to a marijuana conviction from the 1980's)

I kid you not, he said it in the recent Mojo article.

FEELINNUMB said:
Larry does have a house in Nyack. When he bought it, must be more than five years ago now, a reporter for the local paper there wrote this horrendous piece where she welcomed Larry and his family and said she was sure they would be good citizens and neighbors unlike Rosie O'Donnell -- and then the rest of the article, which went on and on, was this bash job on O'Donnell -- like her, don't like her, up to you, but it was the most unprofessional, savage, childish thing -- figured Rosie probably didn't buy her round or something to tick this honey off so badly. And then the article ended with something like, but we have higher hopes for Larry Mullen, Jr.! So that was a real half-assed welcome for Lardence, but a welcome nonetheless. I understand he frequents a pub there, is a regular when in town, but everyone there is fiercely loyal and keeps their traps shut about where it is and its name, good for them...
The link that Infinitum98 posted above must be the article you're referring to. This was really written by a supposedly professional journalist? Hard to believe that any editor, even for a small town newspaper, would let something like that get printed. I can't stand Rosie O'Donnell, so I pretty much agree with what the article says, but I just can't believe it got printed. And even though the writer didn't bash Larry like they did O'Donnell they still made some weird comments about him like this: "Soon, U2drummer Larry Mullen will move his lady friend and their children to a converted hay barn about 10 houses from me, bringing unwelcome Irish vegetarianism another mile up along the Hudson foreshore". "Unwelcome vegetarianism? WTF?? Then later: "One worries, however, that Mullen’s vegetarianism might translate into teetotalism, which is as welcome in Nyack as Ms. O’Donnell." Well, one doesn't know much about Larry Mullen if one 'worries' that he's a teetotaler, does one? Weird, weird article.

Little nitpick here - please don't refer to Nyack as being in 'upstate' New York. It's a suburb of NYC. It is definitely not in upstate New York.

Infinitum98 said:
i really wanna see one of their homes featured on "Cribs"

Ditto !! That would be AWESOME !! :up:
For some reason I don't ever think it will happen though. Since they guard their privacy to a 'T' ... (not that there's anything wrong with that) ... it's really just disappointing to NOT see how they live at home. :sad:

Zootomic said:

Little nitpick here - please don't refer to Nyack as being in 'upstate' New York. It's a suburb of NYC. It is definitely not in upstate New York.

ohh my bad. i thought it was the same house that larry was in, in that interview a couple years back.

Back
Top Bottom