what about Summer Wine ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~fairy_girl~

Acrobat
after reading your thought on 'when the stars go blue' ...

what did u think of summer wine ?

the original by lee hazelwood and nancy sinatra.

i know this has probably been asked/discussed before, but am asking it again :p

i love it, i love it more than WTSGB. :yes:

I love their Summer Wine! I haven't hear the original, but their cover is great. :up: Their voices sound really good together.

The Corrs/Bono version is worth it just for that shiver-inducing low voice Bono sings in.

Mmmmm, ooooh!

That beginning of the song is the sexiest bit of every song Bono ever song. :drool: Loveth it!:heart::drool:

And corianderstem: Your avatar is breath taking. :ohmy:

i also love the bit in summer wine - on the video- when andrea begins the first verse/choras and then bono kinda swaggers on stage and swings his guitar ;) he loooks well cool :D :sexywink:

~fairy_girl~ said:
i also love the bit in summer wine - on the video- when andrea begins the first verse/choras and then bono kinda swaggers on stage and swings his guitar ;) he loooks well cool :D :sexywink:

yes, unfortunately, this concert, which aired on vh1, is not available on dvd. i have the two songs she sang with bono recorded from t.v...in another thread about stars go blue, i expressed just how much i love this cd. i'm serious, i listen to it at least once a day.

i think summer wine is one of the sexiest songs that i have ever heard. it starts out so slow, the two lovers meeting, she entices him...then they wind up "passing time" together, drunk on summer wine...the morning after, their heads pounding, horns building up the plot of it all...and at the end of the song, when they are both moaning, you can hear that they are sorry for it all, yet they enjoyed it so much...you get the feeling they'd both gladly do it all again. it's fantastic.

forgive me my rambling, i just feel very passionately about this song.

bonosgirl84 =

thats exactly how i feel about the song. its really seductive and sexy.

i did some research on the song a while back, heres what i found out from a lee hazelwood site (lee hazelwood wrote the song)

Superficially, this song tells the story of a young cowboy who stops for a drink when a mysterious young woman offers it to him. The drink, it turns out, is drugged. When the cowboy awakens, he discovers that he has been robbed of all his valuables. But there is more going on under the surface here. "She took my silver spurs, my dollar and a dime/ And left me craving for more Summer Wine." Clearly, the man has not learned his lesson-or is the Summer Wine addictive? In which case, is this song about heroin? Is this song about anything? Or was Lee just trying to rhyme?

its an interesting 'paragraph'.

~fairy_girl~ said:
bonosgirl84 =

thats exactly how i feel about the song. its really seductive and sexy.

i did some research on the song a while back, heres what i found out from a lee hazelwood site (lee hazelwood wrote the song)

Superficially, this song tells the story of a young cowboy who stops for a drink when a mysterious young woman offers it to him. The drink, it turns out, is drugged. When the cowboy awakens, he discovers that he has been robbed of all his valuables. But there is more going on under the surface here. "She took my silver spurs, my dollar and a dime/ And left me craving for more Summer Wine." Clearly, the man has not learned his lesson-or is the Summer Wine addictive? In which case, is this song about heroin? Is this song about anything? Or was Lee just trying to rhyme?

its an interesting 'paragraph'.

hmm, yes. my interpretation then, was very close to the writer's own ideas. i don't think that it is a song about heroin, however...although who am i to say? i just simply prefer to think that the summer wine and the "passing time" was so enjoyable for the lovers...the rush of it, the danger, was so intense that they become "addicted" to it. like the heights of passion and total disregard for reality that the power of new love can bring. or the dizziness of attraction...i also like to think of the "silver spurs" as being some sort of enchanted object that caused all of the mischief in the first place. who took them? why? or were they really there all along? the listener never finds out. it's a mystery.

again, forgive me...is it obvious that i seriously love this song?

Back
Top Bottom