What a nice email Henry Rollins sent to me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starsgoblue

Blue Crack Addict
I want to be like U2, overweight, soft and wine addicted. Awesome!
Actually, I listened to their last record twice and it sounded like men
trying and failing. It was the sound of comfortable men who are tired
of
it and are just showing up. So uninspired. Perfect for the masses who
have
little taste. My carreer? I have one? If it's over, then how come I'm
doing so many shows all over the world and kicing ass? How is it that I
started doing music after U2 and have done more shows? Bobo is so
tired,
it's so over with. You don't like me and my opinion? It means nothing
to
me. I am unstoppable and this is America, you get to say what you want.
Wheeeeeee!!!!!

I gathering that there is some hostility directed towards Mr Rollins? Either that or your guys are just pretending because you really do like eachother and are afraid to admit it. :wink:

yeah, unfortunately bono is known by billions of people, he only by a few friends, probably....everyone is free to say what he wants, the problem begins when you abuse of this freedom talking lots of nonsenses and useless things..."you get to say what you want"....yeah, sure, but things which have to do with intelligence and not with stupidity

can the flaming stop here please?

sure Rollins is a wanker, but that's his problem. I don't wanna hear his thoughts and opinions in here frankly. It's so inappropriate

THE Henry Rollins?

He's not even worth the time, he's been bashing U2 and Bono for years. Who cares?

what starsgoblue didnt say is that she spent a long time listening to the radio station Indie 103's webcast that blatently lied to many listeners worldwide, saying they were going to play the new single, Vertigo. She emailed Rollins after he made derogatory comments on the air and that was only one of his responses. He did this to me too. I've already posted his emails to me in Part12 of the longggg thread that everyone's been a part of.

Seriously.

EVERYBODY. Get off the lynch Henry Rollins bandwagon. It's a well documented fact he doesn't like U2. Deal with it. Emailing him to express your disgust accomplishes absolutely nothing.

On something as (ultimately) trivial as what bands you like, you should be willing to accept differing opinions as just that, differing opinions. Are you really so thin-skinned that you can't take some meathead insulting your favorite band without getting all melodramatic? He doesn't like U2. Move on with your lives.

Diemen said:
Seriously.

EVERYBODY. Get off the lynch Henry Rollins bandwagon. It's a well documented fact he doesn't like U2. Deal with it. Emailing him to express your disgust accomplishes absolutely nothing.

On something as (ultimately) trivial as what bands you like, you should be willing to accept differing opinions as just that, differing opinions. Are you really so thin-skinned that you can't take some meathead insulting your favorite band without getting all melodramatic? He doesn't like U2. Move on with your lives.

Valid point, but there's a difference between simply disliking a band and being Henry 'Disrespectful Arsehole' Rollins.

TheBrazilianFly said:
It's like he let his kid answer the e-mail. :lol:

We really shoulden't bother.

I think even children have more mental maturity than our dear Mister Rollins.

Ok, this is the last I'm going to say on this as I don't think hr should be given this much attention. I posted this in one of the monster threads...

Anyone who has any knowledge of the band U2 and is in radio KNOWS about the whole U2/rollins thing. It is just stupid to have a U2 marathon and then interupt it for 2 hours of rollins. It's either a horrible joke or utter stupidity on the programer's part...

And what's worse was coming back for another hour of the marathon afterward and not playing what they claimed they had (yeah, I heard the advert.)

It's not rollins, it's the station and the people in charge.

he e-mailed me too...

rollins.jpg

LOL, that's the type of comment u get back from someone where you relize, 'This guys obviously an idiot, I'm not gonna waste any more time and effort with this fool, I need a sandwitch.'

I didn't start this thread with a lynch mob mentality...I was more shocked that he wrote me back in such a way, especially since I didn't flame him in his email originally. So please take it for what it's worth....

I'm not a Rollins' fan. I don't hate him, I just don't like anything he's done - and that includes his film roles. He is truly an untalented fame whore. He mentions how "kick ass" he is. Yes, he is getting asked to do these things on the radio or VH-1. But he gets asked to do them because VH-1 or this new indie radio station can't get any BIG name stars to do that work. Don't you think VH-1 would love to put Bono or Beyonce or P.Diddy or whomever on instead? Either these stars are too busy, too important or too expensive to be bothered with such trivial nonsense. Hence, VH-1 go for the second and even third teir people - those so desperate for fame that they'll do anything to be heard or seen - people like Rollins. C'mon - this famous guy with this "great" career has been forced to DJ on an indie station - the equivalent of what college kids do for free.

So I don't hate Rollins, I just have no respect for him or any of his work. He is hypocritical and will do anything to stay in the public light a bit longer. He is the definition of "sell-out" (my dictionary has a picture of him under that word). For him to accuse U2 or anyone else of being a sell-out or "tired and fat" is incomprehensible, especially when he has no problem going on VH-1 and saying how great U2 are even though he despises them. This proves the man has no class.

But obviously he doesn't see this in himself - or if he does, he ignores it. No need to write him, he doesn't get it. He's a fame whore and he'll do what it takes to stay at least a little bit famous.

Ah, Hendry Rollins, the man is always good for a laugh!

I love how this guy hates U2 so much he actually listend to the record twice! If you hate the band so much why listen at all? maybe once at the most! I wouldn't give him the gratification of letting him winde you up.

I think the dude secretly loves U2, especially Bono, God know's he goes on about him enough. It's a classic case of someone talking about how much they hate something, to the point of obsession, but in reality he's just trying to hide his real love for them. I can picture Rollins sitting in his little bedroom all by himself having a little cry to himself while he's balling out With Or Without You at the top of voice. He's just a sad man looking for some attention.

Last edited:
Okay, I so desperately wanted to stay out of this because of the general negativity that people have toward Henry Rollins on U2 fan sites, especially from people who know little to nothing about him. First things first, I am a fan of Henry Rollins, have been for more than 10 years. I own most of his books, have seen his spoken word so many times that during one tour I was telling his stories with him. I adore this man, I think he's smart and interesting and know from personal experience that he is caring and considerate.

Okay, done. Indie 103.1 did not put Rollins on-air Monday as some kind of cruel joke to U2 fans. His Harmony in My Head show has been on every Monday (with like one exception) since June. He is not a person who takes days off, he is a workaholic, so it's not surprising that he was there on a day that was both Labor Day and Monday Bloody Monday.

As to the e-mails he wrote to some of you. We at Interference.com are just a tiny sampling of the U2 fans all over the world. Think for a minute if all of you wrote him complaining (some in kinder language than others) about his opinions of U2, just exactly how many e-mails he got yesterday. If you got that many e-mails from people telling you how much you suck, how stupid you are, how pathetic you are and so forth, wouldn't you lash out? Headache, you sent him an e-mail entitled "Fuck You" and you're surprised you got a nasty response? Come on.

Yes, it is true, Henry Rollins does not like U2. Yes, it is also true that he started his show just seconds after "Lemon" ended ranting against the band. Is he not allowed to do that? Are people not allowed to dislike U2? How many of us here would do the same exact thing if we had a hosting gig on a radio station that just completed a Creed or Britney Spears marathon before we came on-air?

U2 is just not his cup of tea, he's given them a try (which is more than many of us can say about the bands and artists we rail against constantly on this board) and has just never gotten it. That's fine. He makes fun of them because they are our golden calves, which is understandable. So how about all of us deciding to live and let live on this, stop e-mailing Rollins and stop talking about how untalented and worthless he is, especially if you know nothing about him except that he dislikes U2?

It's funny that so many people want to take Rollins to task for ripping on U2, like somehow that's not allowable, yet they feel they should have the freedom to massacre him all they want.

I never took him to task for ripping on U2....People can like what they like, this is America after all....

I emailed him an honest question and in addition I asked what was going on with the marathon. I never told him he sucked....he responded very strongly. Fine, I can live with it.

Dsmith2904: fair enough, probably very few of us know Rollins outside of his "anti-U2-and-Bono" crusade. I personally saw him in a movie once and saw a video to one of his songs - but this is not about any of his potential talents as a musician and an actor.

He could have, first off, kept his (well known anyway) feelings on U2 to himself - especially after a U2 marathon! Surely he knew he'd get feedback from U2 fans. He brought any and all of the flak on himself.

He could have, secondly, chose not to reply to any of the emails.

Thirdly, there is a way to say things, too - you can be critical of U2 without crossing the line of good taste (did you know that once he wished death on Bono?).

I didn't even listen to that radio and I think the points he made for his anti U2 case were very weak, BTW.

Last edited:
i wasn't surprised that the response i got back wasn't an appology, i was only surprised that he actually responded... i actually think it's hillarious, quite frankly.

i also responded to his e-mail with another one of my own...

ya know... it was a pretty funny stunt to pull. but while it was funny, it's also quite sad and pathetic that your career has sunk to such a low point that you have to pull pranks on u2 fans on an indie rock station just to get some attention for yourself. bravo, smarty pants.

neener neener neener

henry@harmonyinmyhead.com wrote:
Shannon, is it because I hate U2? Is it because they are the lamest band
and their fans are hilarious? I think it is!! I'm smart, you're not!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom