What a Great Zoo Interview

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_NP

New Yorker
http://youtube.com/watch?v=USeMtnuE2y4&search=u2 zootv

Fantastic interview/clip , Right after the very last Zoo show , with several images of the tour , which I ask for help , if people could identify where were those shows from , for example the ones of Ultraviolet footage ....

Anyway thing is , I watch this great piece , and wonder why couldn't it be on the ZOOTV DVD , that's the kind of extra I would love to have it , interviewing the band , great answers , they talkin bout the zootv , which could work in a making off , and with great collection of sounds and images .

BTW here's part 2 :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W1glPrjDO6Y&search=u2 zootv

Last edited:
I remember this was on Much Music, a Canadian music station. I video taped it when it aired. haven't seen it in years, thanks for the link. :)

Watching that makes me remember why i fell in love with Bono. :drool:

I love it when Bono says "high tech" and then him and Edge say "low tech" together. :cute:

Last edited:
Bono's Betty said:
I remember this was on Much Music, a Canadian music station. I video taped it when it aired. haven't seen it in years, thanks for the link. :)

Me, too! I still have the tape somewhere. Awesome interview. I'm not generally a fan of repeating the past, but a return to the spirit of Zoo TV would suit me just fine. :drool:

Thanks for posting. I'd forgotten how great it was :up:

Edge's comment about halfway through the second part where he talks about going into the studio with a set album release date is pretty hilarious and damming, in historical context.

i like how bono didnt nice smile the interviewer like he would now. he seemed so confident then as opposed to now. He just seems to pretend hes confident these days.

great clips, thank you J_NP. a band at the peak of their ability :up:

question: what concerts macphisto sung ULTRAVIOLET??? i couldn't find it on the '93 zoomerang setlists...

Last edited:
jacobus said:

question: what concerts macphisto sung ULTRAVIOLET??? i couldn't find it on the '93 zoomerang setlists...

I'm pretty sure whenever he didn't sing Lemon, he sang Ultraviolet.

I could be wrong there, but that's what I've always assumed.

That interview was marvelous, by the way. :drool:

Great interview, but what I particularly liked were Bono's comments about the problems of retrogression in rock music and the need to continually push forward. Hmmmmmm.... What happened next (after Pop obviously)....

xaviMF22 said:
doesn't macphisto sing ultraviolet in the dublin shows? I coud be wrong though

Yeah, Ultraviolet was sang at almost every Zooropa show (possibly every, but I don't have Pimm on hand and they did cut it occaisionally during the American shows, the trend may have continued).

I have a hunch that clip comes from which ever show the pro-shot Macphisto "Desire" comes from that's floating around. Trouble is, I have no idea what show that's from, either :)

T

"nothing sharpens the mind like a serious deadline" - Edge

ya guys.....that was hilarious. u2 are still the best band in the world to me, but this was their peak

Great interview!! I miss this level of confidence and playfullness in Bono too!

RademR said:
"nothing sharpens the mind like a serious deadline" - Edge

ya guys.....that was hilarious. u2 are still the best band in the world to me, but this was their peak

even though Pop is my favourite album ever, I may have to agree with you there. ZooTV was just...extraordinary :wink:

He did sing at every Zooropa show , Ultraviolet , what I want to know is where is that pro-shot footage from , which show , could be Torino , the same of the Best of 90s dvd , or something like ....

If I recall, they didn't even start playing Zooropa material till halfway through the Zooropa leg, and the only ones were (trying to remember) Numb and Stay...?

So, MacPhisto was performing Desire and Ultra Violet nightly for the tour.

On Zoomerang, they added Dirty Day, Daddy's Gonna Pay, and Lemon.

Yes folks that's not the question , so no one has a clue where was that footage from , I wanted to know which show was that , not the leg of the tour ....

Back
Top Bottom