What a great album it is!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah!! the album no one likes!!

I'M JOKING! i love POP...it's just that NO ONE will let me listen to it really loud, but when i blast achtung, the joshua tree, or ATYCLB they're fine with it...seems that people feel the same way about october...

i got pop and achtung baby on the same day well after pop was released, and prefered pop.

"disotheque" is such a great song. if i could dance (which i can't to save my life), i would...and the video cracks me up.

somehow i never really listened to "do you feel loved" enough

"mofo", not enough can be said about that song.

if god will send his angels...something about the melody at the chorus and especially "and the cartoon network turns into the news" part and the part that isn't actual words (or is on the video but not as much on the cd? i'm not sure, i got a bit confused)...beyond words..."staring at the sun" also, and it's got that guitar part that comes in before the second verse

and "last night on earth" and "gone" rock out in no small way

not a fan of "miami"

"the playboy mansion" has the most chilled out cool guitar intro

"if you wear that velvet dress" usually gets kind of neglected on the way to "please" like "do you feel loved" on the way from "discotheque" to "mofo"...have to use the shuffle option more often

"please"...i don't know what to say other than i agree with everyone who says it's great...

wake up dead man is one of my favourite songs. EVER.

edited because i went back and CAREFULLY read all the other posts...i'm not going to join the argument. i've...um, avoiding a bad pun, jumped into this part of the whole ton of boards here for the FIRST time today and don't know anything about the history of pop threads to comment. part of me cannot resist and argument, i think it runs in my family or something. it's REALLY hard to not yell at someone who insults an album you really like...yes, i DO feel like it's a personal attack against me when i say "i really like (album name by some band)" and someone else goes "that album sucks"...i think lots of people feel like that, and especially on a board like this, which is centered on ONE band, and that band being u2, which, because of the nature of its music, tends to breed fans who REALLY get into the music and feel really passionatly about their favourite songs...

Last edited:
IWasBored said:

wake up dead man is one of my favourite songs. EVER.

Since I joined this forum I have seen a lot of people saying that and it makes me happy! It's up there in my top U2 songs, definitely!

:huh: A lot of people think I'm weird for saying this, but when I listen to that song, it's so calming. It's likey, "It's okay to feel like crap. It's completely normal!" so I can just be at peace with feeling like crap, which is actually healing, because then I'm BETTER!

:lol: I don't know if that makes any sense, but...it's like I'm not alone, you know? The worst thing in the world is when you're so down and you feel like nobody in the world understands.

wertsie said:

Since I joined this forum I have seen a lot of people saying that and it makes me happy! It's up there in my top U2 songs, definitely!

:huh: A lot of people think I'm weird for saying this, but when I listen to that song, it's so calming. It's likey, "It's okay to feel like crap. It's completely normal!" so I can just be at peace with feeling like crap, which is actually healing, because then I'm BETTER!

:lol: I don't know if that makes any sense, but...it's like I'm not alone, you know? The worst thing in the world is when you're so down and you feel like nobody in the world understands.

yeah, i think i know what you mean and that song is perfect for that lyrically i guess (i don't know what the problem is, i sing along ot EVERYTHING but i can't remember the words unless the song's playing), and i used to listen to nine inch nails for the same reason (and was terribly upset when my cassette player completely mutilated my copy of the downward spiral).

oh and i forgot to mention the boomchas in discotheque in myother post...cos on the best of when they're not there it's just...i don't know, they're not there...how can you have discotheque without the boomchas?? i still don't understand that...

Why is it that the MODS on these forums allow zoomerang to get so personal with people?

I don't know the full history of Gypsy and POP threads, but Zoomerang seems to think that bashing people with personal insults will fix things. Or maybe she just feels better releasing her anger in that way.

I started another thread earlier. Zoomerang came in and called me a **** idiot because she/he didn't agree with me http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69562 Out of nowhere! I come to check out this thread, and she's insulting poor Gypsy. And instead of anyone saying anything to Zoomerang about her insults and age bashing, no one says anything except to tell Gypsy to get lost?

It's a good thing Zoomerang doesn't know I'm lating. She Would have probably called me a *** Idiot Spic. And ofcourse the MODS and everyone else would have jsut told me to get lost.

Zoomerang96 has been warned via email.

HE will no longer be making personal attacks to other members of this board or he will deal with the consequences.

Seconds said:

It's a good thing Zoomerang doesn't know I'm lating.

im assuming you meant latin. and now im telling you, that you better not assume that im rascist.

and for the record, until i have my sex change operation on february 30th, i would like to be considered a "guy" as opposed to a "girl."

IWasBored said:

oh and i forgot to mention the boomchas in discotheque in myother post...cos on the best of when they're not there it's just...i don't know, they're not there...how can you have discotheque without the boomchas?? i still don't understand that...

:wink: I always sing the boom-chas really loud during the best of version anyway. :lol:

IWasBored said:
"disotheque" is such a great song. if i could dance (which i can't to save my life), i would...and the video cracks me up.

Oh, I know-the video's hilarious. :D.

Originally posted by IWasBored
if god will send his angels...something about the melody at the chorus and especially "and the cartoon network turns into the news" part and the part that isn't actual words (or is on the video but not as much on the cd? i'm not sure, i got a bit confused)...beyond words...

The melody is great. And the music in the song is beautiful.

I really love this song-I don't see why some people think it's a "boring" song. *Shrugs* Their opinion, though. :).

And I just watched "City Of Angels" this morning...hearing that song in the movie really makes the song even more...I don't know, I feel like I understand the lyrics in the song a lot more...if that makes any sense.

Angela

* MoFo * said:
definately. it was my 1st studio U2 album (my 1st U2 album was the best of 1980-1990)

u know what? those were my first two u2 albums too. i really liked the sweetest thing and my mother bought the best of as a gift. then i stated liking all the songs. my sister owned the city of angels soundtracked which i borrowed after a while. and i heard "?f god..." and i really liked it. then some other day "please"was on mtv. and i thought wow pop is a good album. so i bought and it hooked me on u2.
there's nothing u can do or say about it....POP ROCKS

Moonlit_Angel said:

Oh, I know-the video's hilarious. :D.

The melody is great. And the music in the song is beautiful.

I really love this song-I don't see why some people think it's a "boring" song. *Shrugs* Their opinion, though. :).

And I just watched "City Of Angels" this morning...hearing that song in the movie really makes the song even more...I don't know, I feel like I understand the lyrics in the song a lot more...if that makes any sense.

Angela

I was watching that movie this morning as well...only I stopped in the middle of it for a little while, and I missed the part that included the song. Darn!

Seconds said:
Why is it that the MODS on these forums allow zoomerang to get so personal with people?

I don't know the full history of Gypsy and POP threads, but Zoomerang seems to think that bashing people with personal insults will fix things. Or maybe she just feels better releasing her anger in that way.

I started another thread earlier. Zoomerang came in and called me a **** idiot because she/he didn't agree with me http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69562 Out of nowhere! I come to check out this thread, and she's insulting poor Gypsy. And instead of anyone saying anything to Zoomerang about her insults and age bashing, no one says anything except to tell Gypsy to get lost?

It's a good thing Zoomerang doesn't know I'm lating. She Would have probably called me a *** Idiot Spic. And ofcourse the MODS and everyone else would have jsut told me to get lost.

Thanks for noticing the hypocrisy. I'm sorry about what happened to you.

There have been a lot of posts and threads making fun of me and aggravating me. Why is it never stopped? Because if you say you hate Pop here, you are an outcast, and pariah and it's open season on you. It's not like that with any other band or any other album. I'm sorry to say even mods have joined in the ridiculing of me, and why am I so hated? I DON'T LIKE POP and I have the nerve to say it here. Yes, they want me to shut up. They have intimidated everyone else into shutting up and they hate me because I won't just shut up and go away and let them say what they want without opposing opinions. There is a lot of garbage that has gone on here involving alleged "Pop appreciation threads" and it makes me sick when people say 'just don't post in it!' because they do not know all that is and has been a part of it over time. I do appreciate it that someone notices, and surely others have but won't post in fear of being bashed themselves. I also appreciate that zoomerang has been warned, I'm not the only person he's insulted. There has always been bias and favoritism here over ethics and common decency, I do sincerely hope that will change.I have suffered massive abuse because of my dislike for Pop, but I am far too stubborn to do what they all want me to do- shut up. It's like the words of that new Kelly Osbourne song. Of course, those involved love to just write me off as a paraoid old bitch, and most who don't know the whole story buy it hook, line and sinker and lecture me too. I really can't accept that I am always the heavy here, look, no one has to bash me, or even comment on my comments. I'm not the only guilty person, but since I'm the only guilty person who dislikes Pop, I get all the blame. Yes, I am full of rage and anger and have to vent it. It's tortured me for a long time. I hate Pop even more for the way I have been treated because of it. I don't understand why anyone would be upset that I hate this CD. I really don't. Gypsy hates Pop. So what, really?

Oh, and once again, this is nearing 100 responses while REAL 'appreciation threads' get about a dozen. It sure is weird, these 'oh what a great album' threads, always about Pop and NO other album always surface every 2 weeks. I don't want to call it a conspiracy and get called 'paranoid' but it sure is odd. :eyebrow:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom