What a crackin tune

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the b-sides of SYCMIOYO are anything to go by, we wont be seeing it come with a single. Although Id prefer that than all those pissing remixes of Vertigo...:madspit:

This probably belongs in the Where the Album Has a Name forum. Or not. I don't even know.

As for Mercy, you know what's so awesome and weird about it? Outside of this forum basically no one even knows it exists... that makes it even cooler somehow. It's one of the greatest songs ever written (I know, I know, that's probably an exaggeration, but not much of one) and no one even knows it.

That said, I'll be disappointed if Mercy shows up on a single... it needs to be on an album. It needs to be the best closer for the best album, ever. This song is so good it could easily inspire an album.

Great track but definately needs to be fixed up a bit but not much and it could be on the next album as a central track and even a single...unless they have stuff that is even better out there.

I love the words to the first verse. My thoughts are they left it off because it doesn't have a huge chorus hook and I think they'll probably create one and put the song on the next album.

I think the verse goes on way too long at the beginning. It's like he's trying to come up with all these clever juxtapositions a la Sting at the end of Brand New Day.

A great track (even if unfinished) and proof that U2 still have that creative spark. It's stands above every track off HTDAAB.

the tourist said:
I love the words to the first verse. My thoughts are they left it off because it doesn't have a huge chorus hook and I think they'll probably create one and put the song on the next album.

NO to chorus-hook! I don't want another Miracle drug which is almost all about that chorus (okay, it has the solo which is silented with production). Mercy is perfect (if we don't mention the start with that big noisy thing...:ohmy: - i must turn down the music when that song starts...:huh: )

With some production, it could be almost a new WOWY on the next album. (2006?)

I got hooked on Mercy the first time i heard it.. Great great track.

I prefer 'Are you gonna wait forever?' over 'Mercy'. Anyday. Mercy is too 80's. The guitar on 'Are you gonna...?' is unbelieveable.

malhithearnaz said:
I prefer 'Are you gonna wait forever?' over 'Mercy'. Anyday. Mercy is too 80's. The guitar on 'Are you gonna...?' is unbelieveable.

It's good, but you can really tell they were making AYGWF with the intention of becoming B-side. They didn't work enough on it.

Back
Top Bottom