WGRYWH Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snowlock

Refugee
Is anyone aware of a exceptional quality live version of Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses from either the 1st or 2nd Zoo TV legs? I've got a couple versions, one from Minneapolis, one from a northern European country (I think), but while both performances are among my favorites, the quality is horrible. Anyone have anything comprable to ZooEuropa-Dublin or a Lovetown quality recording?

Try version from Stockholm, it's in very good quality and one of the best, if not the best Zoo TV version of this song.

no, search for the FIRST VERSION EVER

Lakeland Florida, 02/29

that Edge solo... :drool:

no solo EVER can compare to THAT

U2lunatic said:
Try version from Stockholm, it's in very good quality and one of the best, if not the best Zoo TV version of this song.

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of that I have. The bass on that one is way to high on the version of that show that I have, sounds like they're playing in a cave.

There's multiple versions?

I'm still mad that they played such an amazing electric version on the Vertigo tour (Amsterdam?) and didn't bother to stick with it, instead returning to the cheap, tepid acoustic sing-along bullshit.

lazarus said:
I'm still mad that they played such an amazing electric version on the Vertigo tour (Amsterdam?) and didn't bother to stick with it, instead returning to the cheap, tepid acoustic sing-along bullshit.

Yeah, 3rd night in Amsterdam.. i was at that show.. a very nice surprise.. a bit followed by an even bigger one, Miss Sarajevo. :)

You also had Edge on electric guitar for Original of the Species, another song they decided to neuter everywhere else. Are these guys that blind to the fact that the ringing guitar is what propels that song into the stratosphere? Maybe it would have been a bigger hit had they promoted it properly in concert.

I really love the versions of Wild Horses from the 2nd (European) leg of the Vertigo tour. Edge's solos were tremendous in those concerts, but I don't have any good quality bootlegs of those....

lazarus said:

Try 2005-06-19 - London, that version is amazing.

lazarus said:

Try 2005-06-19 - London, that version is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom