Westlife hail U2 for group loyalty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beau2ifulday

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
WESTLIFE have hailed fellow Irishmen U2 a credit to the music industry - because they remain loyal to each other in a backstabbing business. The FLYING WITHOUT WINGS hitmakers have been inspired by BONO and his group, and claim trust and respect are the key elements which keep them together. Band member NICKY BYRNE says, "In the pop industry there's a lot of backstabbing, and a lot of slyness that goes on. "Once that doesn't exist between the four of us, then we can go on, and we will continue to last. "I think U2 are the heroes of that, they are who we look up to. There are no secrets with them, there is no one getting secret deals in the background, which can happen - look at (boybands) TAKE THAT and BLUE."

:happy:

I never could stand their music, but i'm glad they're so in awe of U2 :) :up:

I love both U2 AND Westlife, so yay. Bono's actually really supportive of them, I'm glad of that, I respect him more for that than if he slagged them off for being pop.

And yes, Westlife 'lost' a member but it wasn't through backstabbing or falling out. They're all still great friends. :)

annie_vox said:

Yes... And is it just me or did he just compare U2 to Take That and Blue? (Even in a good way this is too weird...)

Um... I don't think so. I think Nicky drew contrasts between the situations.

Aww, Nicky. He used my camera on stage last Sunday. Wooo.

Oh wow U2 can sleep sound in their beds tonight with this praise ringing in their ears from one of the shittiest bands in the world. Is this what its come to, U2 inspire boybands. Great!

Blah, blah, yawn, people slagging Westlife, I've heard it all before and it's DULL. There are few people around today with as brilliant a singing voice as Mark, he's immensely talented. And just yesterday I was listening to one of their own songs, it's an acoustic gem.

I mean, U2 manage to be pleasant to them.

Mmmmmmmmm........discussions when we have a lack of tour or album news......:drool:

Thank you. I manage to respect everyone else's music tastes, so it's not too much to ask for it in return.

Back
Top Bottom