well, it's been a year since i came here (anniversary memories)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
yes indeed, 'twas September last year when i came here (thanks to Paul for letting me know about this site).

there was certainly a lot going on, from

-hearing the clips (and loving them),
-"defending" ATYCLB from the critics,
-posting-a-lot and getting in trouble for it,
-having discussions with rougerum and others,
-reducing posting,
-exchanging emails with some of Interferencers and so getting to know a bit more about them,
-making some, ahem, noted and infamous threads (IALW thread, "Bonovista" thread, "petition" thread, asking questions about English expressions-though most of them were dealing with certain, how should i put it, aspects of human life. and let's leave it at that)
biggrin.gif

-seeing U2ey couples coming together
-fighting about the "revolution"

the highlights of the year?

hmmm-as a fan, definitely:
-hearing the clips
-buying the album
-seeing Stuck video
-reading news and interviews about U2
-getting MP3s

as a person:
-emailing with Interferencers (you know who you are, thank you!)
-reporting about details of the Stuck video to you
-sharing interviews and quotes with you
-seeing support when i needed it, and making people laugh/joking around with people ("U2 Fish" and "can't believe this hasn't popped up yet" or "what are the boys thinking" threads come to mind)

all in all, it was a good year. though there were times i was probably close to eternal eviction from this place
wink.gif
, you were kind enough to tolerate me and my numerous posts.
and there were times when i got some deserved verbal slaps. even though i may have been angry at first, i got over it eventually. i realised that it was all in good intention, so as time went by it turned from "quit picking on me" to "point taken". mostly (except for the rudest replies). those are now long gone and forgotten anyway.

then there are the hardest times, when i just drop my jaw at a intelligent, well-thought out thread (Sulawesigirl, Michael Griffiths). i say "hardest" because i could probably spend a year thinking and i doubt i would come up with anything that good on a regular level (like they do). those kind of threads just make you wanna pack up your bags and leave. just flat out-don't even go there, because you can't keep up with that kind of quality.
smile.gif

so-thanks for letting me be a part of this forum, and letting me stay no matter how silly my posts may have been, or how many people they have made mad.

ps: this turned out to be a long thread. congratulations, you've made it to the end, reader!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"touch me, take me to that other place,
teach me, love, i know i'm not a hopeless case" - Beautiful day

"be uncool, yes be awkward" - Always

"and you can find your own way out"-Acrobat

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 09-06-2001).]

Someone just used the word roller coaster... yeah lazyboy , in his great post about Slane 2. The past year has been one of those for lots of us, but all of us linked by ATYCLB and our appreciation of U2. It's a good thing eh? And lots of people mentioning new albums they are anticipating.It continues.

Cheers 2U U2girl.

**bump**

another classic that deserves attention

- dancing bearfoot

-----------------------
has it only been a year?

** looks at Dancing Bear inquisitivly.

------------------
Bear witness.

Originally posted by Deathbear's Fly Girl:
** looks at Dancing Bear inquisitivly.

if you take a picture, it will last longer. oh, i really don't mean that, you can look at me as long as you like.

- dancing bearfoot

----------------------
photographs steal part of your soul

Congrats U2girl...I'm glad you're here! This place wouldn't be the same without your posts!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"you know we got a stormy kind of love..."

Well done girlie.

Can I just say, that I admire your strength and persevereance. You dont let anyone grind you down. People can say all they like about your numerous posts etc. But you have an opinion just like anyone else. Therefore deserve the same respect these people ask for themselves.

smile.gif

hey U2girl,

congrats for sticking around for a year. And thanks for all your posts, Interference wouldn?t be the same without you, seriously
smile.gif

One more thing that happened in the last year on Interference: virgins vs non-virgins!!! Kinda fun actually, when you look back

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

happy anniversary, U2girl!
smile.gif

------------------
"I can't believe the news today,
Oh, I can't close my eyes
And make it go away.
How long...
How long must we sing this song?
How long? How long...
'cause tonight...we can be as one."

Love to all of you,
Emily

Hey U2 girl, congratulations! Regardless of what anyone thinks of you or me, it takes a lot of nerve for both of us to still be posting here considering all that has happened, knowing that your name and mine are going to send up a red flag and invite an attitude of negativity whenever they are seen. I have been close to 'eternal eviction' myself! I've only been here 5 months and it seems like years!

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
your name and mine are going to send up a red flag and invite an attitude of negativity whenever they are seen

I don't feel that way.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Originally posted by U2Bama:
U2girl:

I apologize for my involvement in "the fiasco."

Also: you forgot to mention the "Bono's hair" threads.

~U2Alabama

"fiasco"? oh, you mean filling up page 1 with my posts? it's all forgotten and forgiven a long time ago, don't worry about it.

how could i forget? "Bono's hair" thread. that turned pretty nasty. but it's all right now. (as long as we agree Bono looks best with short hair
wink.gif
)

virgins vs non-virgins? i am guessing you mean the infamous question by Christine. i'm still recovering a little from that. (i think she may be getting an email these days)

thank you all for responding. really, the people in here (this forum) made all the difference. i'm just one of the crowd.
smile.gif

------------------
"the beat of every U2 song is the pulse of every human heart"
- Carson Daly, introducing U2

the goal is soul

"be uncool, yes be awkward"

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 09-18-2001).]

Maja wrote:

virgins vs non-virgins? i am guessing you mean the infamous question by Christine. i'm still recovering a little from that

I think they mean..those who heard the ATYCLB 30 second clips and those who held back for the release of the album officially...sparked off a few rows, and moral speakers..but we all lived happily ever after..that is until the next offering!!

I'm glad your still around Maja..even the controversial threads were enjoyable reads..so don't be embarrased about them...many people here have been on your case but I am 100% sure if you left they would miss the arguments so your more welcome than you thought during your dark days as you say
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by ACROB@T:
Maja wrote:

I think they mean..those who heard the ATYCLB 30 second clips and those who held back for the release of the album officially...sparked off a few rows, and moral speakers..but we all lived happily ever after..that is until the next offering!!

I'm glad your still around Maja..even the controversial threads were enjoyable reads..so don't be embarrased about them...many people here have been on your case but I am 100% sure if you left they would miss the arguments so your more welcome than you thought during your dark days as you say
biggrin.gif

well i'm not sure i participated in that debate. all i know is it took less than 1 day to decide and hear the clips.
would do it again too...
biggrin.gif

hmmm, well people who were/are on my case should perhaps be talking to you, Paul.
wink.gif

since you're the one that told me about this site in the first place. thanks for the kind words.

------------------
"the beat of every U2 song is the pulse of every human heart"
- Carson Daly, introducing U2

the goal is soul

"be uncool, yes be awkward"

**cass hands U2girl a a 12 month free pass to the entire amusement park**
Enjoy the ride musiclover.
I don't know, maybe you get more of a stretch-limo vibe, but I still feel rollercoaster
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom