Well everyone, I'm afraid that I have bad news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James U2

The Fly
I knew there was a reason I was keeping my fingers crossed.

This morning and afternoon I had been emailing back and forth with the local Interscope rep. just talking about a few random things. Sadly, one the last emails went something along the lines of:

James, the VP for Interscope records and I just sat down to go over the guest list and the VP noticed that your name did not match the original invite list. I told him that you were taking the place of someone with the Dallas Music Guide, and that you had been verified as actually working with the DMG this morning. Unfortunately, he said that due to the highly restrictive level of this playing, there could be no changes to the guest list so close to the actual playing of the record. I'm Sorry.

So there you go. I'm sorry everyone. I was really looking forward to providing a fans perspective of the new record. I feel really bad about letting everyone down. I hope there's no hard feelings. I'm pretty bummed.

On the bright side, though, the local Interscope rep. said that she was having another, less restricted, playing of the new U2 record about a week before the actual release, and that I was welcome to attend that. So if we're all still salivating over news of the new album by then, we'll try this again.

Once again, sorry things aren't going to work out. This has ruined my whole day. But hey, at least I have TRL to look forward to this afternoon... (i think i just threw up in my mouth and swallowed)

james

that sucks for you, but I can't say it's bad news for me...as I don't really care about your opinion of the record, just my own.

:( Ah well, never mind James, you will still have the excitement of awaiting the new album to look forward too :)

Oh. I'm really sorry about that. Boy, I was really looking forward to your descriptions!

James U2 said:
...(i think i just threw up in my mouth and swallowed)

james

It was all fine and good until right at the end. WAY too much information, man.
:sick:

sorry about the bad luck. However, one question...having just moved to Dallas myself...what's the info on the other listening a week before the album is released?

Interscope and guestlists and etc. What a bunch of crap. If anything the record company should have a screening for us fans..the true critics. I'm going to stop looking for the album leaks and wait for it to happen naturally liike the last time.
:mad:

That's a pity man, at least you've got the listening and waiting at mid-night experience you wanted back, you'll just have to wait in the trenches like the rest of us!

Back
Top Bottom