Weird emails from U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ABEL said:

:hmm: i had a dream about larry last nite

VERY LUCKY, you are!!!
Hope it was a good one. I once dreamed he was at the mall that I used to work at, shopping for drumsticks. And I was freaking out, running around the mall trying to find him. Weird! :scratch:
But very nice at the same time! :love:

So whe I checked my e-mail today, my weird U2 e-mails turned into these:

New U2.com Memberships

Dear U2 fan

Big News!

In just a few weeks U2 will be announcing dates for a ten-month world tour in 2005.

And Members of the all-new U2.Com will be first in line for tickets with a guarantee of priority booking.

U2.Com has just relaunched with an all-singing, all-dancing new site, which includes, for the first time, a brand new Membership site.

Membership of U2.Com costs $40 per year and as well as a host of special features like your own '@U2.Com' email address, exclusive full-length performance videos and a big discount at the U2.Com Store, Members are offered the chance to book two indoor tickets or four outdoor tickets - BEFORE the general public sale of tickets.

With the 2005 Tour dates set to be announced next month, we wanted to let you know now about the U2.Com Membership package.

Here's the deal.

As well as the new site which is free to all fans, paid-for 'Members' site offers exclusive online access to what the band are up to with rare video, downloads and exclusive interviews. Members get a special free gift on joining, plus their own '@U2.Com' email address, access to a host of new discussion boards in our interactive area, Zootopia - and a 25% discount on first purchase from the U2.Com Store.

Already building up a treasure trove of U2 specials, the new Members site already offers :

- live band performances of 'Miracle Drug' and 'Vertigo'
- a mini-documentary on how the Vertigo video was shot in Spain
- behind the scenes in the Dublin studios with five live tracks for BBC Radio 1.

Find out all the details on becoming a Member at U2.Com here

If you are planning on seeing the band live in 2005, being a U2.Com Member offers you guaranteed priority booking come the New Year !

See you on the road.

U2.Com Team

While this is all well and good, I am already a member - paid my money, just waiting for my card. So why would they waste their time soliciting memberships from people who are already members? Do they not have me registered as a member? I can access all the membership things on the site. What's going on???
Now I'm worried! :huh: :crazy:

I thought the same exact thing. I'm just going to wait until I get my credit card statement before I get too worried about anything. If there's no charge from them on it then I'm going to be pissed! :mad:

OK, I just got my FOURTH e-mail like this from U2.com.

WTF is going on??? :scream:

I got one saying "Thanks for your order". I didn't order anything! Gave me a surprise to say the least....

sallycinnamon78 said:
I got one saying "Thanks for your order". I didn't order anything! Gave me a surprise to say the least....

Wow! Well, I guess we'll know how messed up it is if you actually receive something. Bad for U2.com, but good for you! :up:

Ok, I have signed up for a U2.com membership with my Prop code.
I got emails saying thanks for signing up but my CC was never charged and I can access the site like a paid member. What gives?

Also, on those strange emails they have been sent to only one of my emails and not even on that I have given to U2.com soooooo

Anyway, Strange!

lmjhitman said:
So whe I checked my e-mail today, my weird U2 e-mails turned into these:

New U2.com Memberships

Dear U2 fan

Big News!

In just a few weeks U2 will be announcing dates for a ten-month world tour in 2005.

And Members of the all-new U2.Com will be first in line for tickets with a guarantee of priority booking.

U2.Com has just relaunched with an all-singing, all-dancing new site, which includes, for the first time, a brand new Membership site.

Membership of U2.Com costs $40 per year and as well as a host of special features like your own '@U2.Com' email address, exclusive full-length performance videos and a big discount at the U2.Com Store, Members are offered the chance to book two indoor tickets or four outdoor tickets - BEFORE the general public sale of tickets.

With the 2005 Tour dates set to be announced next month, we wanted to let you know now about the U2.Com Membership package.

Here's the deal.

As well as the new site which is free to all fans, paid-for 'Members' site offers exclusive online access to what the band are up to with rare video, downloads and exclusive interviews. Members get a special free gift on joining, plus their own '@U2.Com' email address, access to a host of new discussion boards in our interactive area, Zootopia - and a 25% discount on first purchase from the U2.Com Store.

Already building up a treasure trove of U2 specials, the new Members site already offers :

- live band performances of 'Miracle Drug' and 'Vertigo'
- a mini-documentary on how the Vertigo video was shot in Spain
- behind the scenes in the Dublin studios with five live tracks for BBC Radio 1.

Find out all the details on becoming a Member at U2.Com here

If you are planning on seeing the band live in 2005, being a U2.Com Member offers you guaranteed priority booking come the New Year !

See you on the road.

U2.Com Team

I just got that letter in my college email, but not the email that has been registered for ages with them. These people are nuts. I'm debating whether this is even worth it. If Fanfire fudged up this, then there's little hope for priority ticketing. I'm thinking that I could probably pay just as much through a ticket broker for better seats the way this whole bit is going.

edited to say: Whoa! And I just noticed the "per year" part. 40 bucks per year? Hmmm.

Last edited:
I got the blank one too. :huh:
I.CANNOT.BELIEVE.HOW.F*CKED.UP.THIS.WHOLE.THING.IS.
:madspit: to U2.com. Im getting more and more pissed off by the minute!!!!!!!!
That is soooo insane that they are emailing some of you that already joined to join again. ERRRRRRRRRR

This is weird. I signed up with no problems a few weeks ago -- didn't have my Prop number but they found it for me -- and haven't gotten any of these weird emails. Am I missing something?

nathan1977 said:
This is weird. I signed up with no problems a few weeks ago -- didn't have my Prop number but they found it for me -- and haven't gotten any of these weird emails. Am I missing something?

Heh, I think you're actually lucky to not be getting this stuff. :wink:

I got a gibberish email and a "New U2.com Memberships" email as well...which is really odd, 'cause I didn't register for U2.com :scratch: did I? :huh: I sure as hell didn't give them a credit card number or anything... did I give them my email...? I don't remember this! :scream:

martha said:
I too got the email asking me to cough up forty clams for a membership. I'm saving it just for fun.

Same here. I love how they're so organized when it comes to asking for moolah.

martha said:
I too got the email asking me to cough up forty clams for a membership. I'm saving it just for fun.
I actually got two of these today plus the strange gibberish messages yesterday...

I think they need to hire some new people over there. Either that or get a computer that works. :madspit: I've gotten two more emails asking me to sign up. They are duplicates of one I already got like a week ago. :huh:

PS I am looking for a new job... hint, hint, hint.... lol

Back
Top Bottom