Week 53, they finally got it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

womanfish

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Well U2 dropped 4 spots to number 58 this week. But there were definitely more debuts than I had anticipated. 12 in the top 50!! Lots of them compilations that probably will fade quickly.

Anyway the big news is that ATYCLB is now certified TRIPLE PLATINUM!!!!! Very cool. Stuck moves down one spot on adult top 40 but shows increased airplay. All-in-all, a good week!

Congratulations to U2 for the triple platinum certification!!!

More News for US week 52:

Stuck In A Moment rises in the Hot100 at #56, three spots up from #59. And it shows increased airplay, too!

Concerning the Adult Top 40, womanfish reported last week's chart since it is the only chart yet to be updated. So #14 is last week's position, we don't know this week's yet but we do expect a rise!

And it's still week 52 for the US charts, not 53.

Andy

[This message has been edited by voxson (edited 11-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by voxson (edited 11-01-2001).]

Thanks Voxson for correcting Womanfish who apparently is in a rush! LOL!

I'm glad ATYCLB went 3x Platinum this week - Week 52 of its release. It reached this goal in exactly 1 year, which is "ultra cool."
icon36.gif
It just "feels" better knowing the album reached this plateau within a year (rather than on Week 53).
biggrin.gif

Plus, after a year, the album is in the Top 60 (we'll ignore that 4-week slip out of the Top 100...
wink.gif
). And with "Stuck..." going back up the charts, things just might be O.K. for a while. With it now being November, I wonder if ATYCLB will benefit from holiday sales...hmmm....

Hey DOC-dont forget that next week it is almost certain that u2 will have an increase in sales due to Letterman. I mean that+tour+stuck=good chance for holiday sales. Also, Womanfish, whats your take on next week??????????????????????????

Originally posted by womanfish:

I think Enya will probably continue to see great things throughout the season. Look for her to have an album in the top 30 for over a year in the soundscan era
smile.gif

While I'm happy for Enya - as she does make great music - what's "odd" about her is that she creates these multi-million selling albums while never ONCE going on tour! Something about her mystical sound that draws people in - into the store to buy her album that is.
biggrin.gif

What a great week it's been so far
smile.gif

Concerning the Adult 40-charts, "Stuck" moves up two spots to #12 (with increased airplay of course)!

Damn, I was in a rush! Sorry for the incorrect info, but hey hopefully it's even better this way! That'll teach me for taking a week break from the charts. I become disoriented
smile.gif

Well, as for next week, I think U2 has shown they have some real staying power right now. This coming week is a BIG one, BSB, MJ, Lenny, etc... Not only that we are going to quickly see the rise of special Christmas albums, Manheim Steamroller, etc.. in the coming weeks. this will harm their chart position somewhat, but hopefully not their sales so much. I predict that they will hold pretty steady, if any movement, maybe down 1 or 2 spots.

Also I am hoping that Christmas will be kind to U2. Even though there is a huge glut of new stuff coming out, I think U2 may be able to hang in the top 100 through the season.

My hope is that people will chose the uplifting, powerful sound of U2 over rap, heavy rock, rock/rap, etc...

I think Enya will probably continue to see great things throughout the season. Look for her to have an album in the top 30 for over a year in the soundscan era
smile.gif

According to Billboard's, Internet Albums Sales chart ATYCLB re-enterts the chart at #24 (they only show the Top 25). Its been on this chart for 33 weeks.

How many copies does this count for? About 1000?

Back
Top Bottom